Interior Stateroom Upgrade Offer

sundaylou

First time cruiser booked for the Carnival Glory at the end of January. I have been offered an "upgrade", but I don't know if I should take it.

Currently, we have an interior stateroom on the Main deck (Deck 2) near the aft of the ship. It looks like our current room is under the Galley, which I have read mixed reviews on due to noise. Honestly, being a first time cruiser, I didn't realize that we are under the Galley until after I booked.

My offer: an interior room on the Panorama Deck - Forward (Deck 10) for $10 total. It looks closer to the action, but I am worried about seasickness.

Help!

Depends on how far forward you are. Many of the deck ten forward staterooms are under he gym, so there might be early morning noise. Use this tool from cruisedeckplans.com to see what is above or below your area. Left click and hold down, drag the deck over the one below and hold button down to see the deck underneath. Match up the stairs/elevators.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/dragdeck.php?ship=Carnival-Glory&zoom=1

Depends on how far forward you are. Many of the deck ten forward staterooms are under he gym, so there might be early morning noise. Use this tool from cruisedeckplans.com to see what is above or below your area. Left click and hold down, drag the deck over the one below and hold button down to see the deck underneath. Match up the stairs/elevators.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/dragdeck.php?ship=Carnival-Glory&zoom=1

Thank you for the feedback! I am checking out the website right now.

I was told to stay low to avoid seasickness. Especially since I have no idea how I will react to the motion of the boat.

We’ve been in a cabin under a galley and was sometimes bothered by noise. So I guess it’s your choice of how you will handle either, bringing earplugs or motion sickness meds.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While we are definitely bringing both, I think we'd both sleep better without the galley noise. So, we're taking the gamble on seasickness instead!

Thank you for the input about being below the galley.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

While we are definitely bringing both, I think we'd both sleep better without the galley noise. So, we're taking the gamble on seasickness instead!

That would also be my choice! Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is what I would too. Hope you enjoy your first cruise!

My offer: an interior room on the Panorama Deck - Forward (Deck 10) for $10 total. It looks closer to the action, but I am worried about seasickness.

Help!

Make sure you're not under the gym, I had a cabin on deck 10 and was under the treadmill. Never again.

Our walls and ceiling vibrated every day for 7 days exactly @ 6AM in the morning. (There was a heavy runner).

Make sure you're not under the gym, I had a cabin on deck 10 and was under the treadmill. Never again.

Our walls and ceiling vibrated every day for 7 days exactly @ 6AM in the morning. (There was a heavy runner).

I am nervous about that, but it looks like we're under the sauna and massage area so hopefully not treadmills directly above.

You should be fine. I have only been seasick once in over 20 cruises. I learned after that one time that if I don't let my stomach get completely empty, which is hard to do with all the opportunities to eat 😆, I am fine. But you can get the patch to wear behind your ear. A relative uses that every cruise and it works for her. You can also take Bonine less drowsy which seems to work better at being less drowsy than dramamine. Have a wonderful time.

Moonbmn53

Panorama on Glory is great. Would jump on that offer. If you do start feeling queasy, eat a green apple (available on Lido at the buffet). This is the crew's remedy for motion sickness and my daughter resorted to this last March when we had some extra rough seas.

Enjoy your new addiction!

If you aren't under the gym and you are under more of the spa I would take the upgrade as well.

I also agree take something every morning. We were on 6-7 cruises before - some in bad weather and I never felt a thing - then our last cruise I did a 180 and was feeling sick for an entire day before finally paying up at the gift shop. Took 1 every morning and felt great the entire day. I now plan on taking it just in case each morning of the cruise.

Funny you post this! I too got an "upgrade" email for our Liberty sailing. We are in an inside stateroom on the 6th deck with an offer to upgrade to Panorama Deck for $4.00 yes you read that right...$4.00

Looks like the cabin would be under the spa section...So I took it, closer to the fun.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to their offers.

Funny you post this! I too got an "upgrade" email for our Liberty sailing. We are in an inside stateroom on the 6th deck with an offer to upgrade to Panorama Deck for $4.00 yes you read that right...$4.00

Looks like the cabin would be under the spa section...So I took it, closer to the fun.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to their offers.

Nice! At first I thought mine was $10/night, but when I realized it was $10 total I had to investigate further. Enjoy your cruise/upgrade! Sounds like it's a similar cabin. I think we will both be golden :)