Allure Anytime Dining Question

We are three couples on the Allure in February - we would like to make dinner reservations using the Anytime Dining system - currently there are no times available between 5:45 and 7:45 and we would like to eat at around 6:15.

Just want to verify that we could just show up at about 6:15 and get a table for the six of us. Also thoughts that if we get a good wait staff we could possible reserve future dining with the same wait staff.

Thoughts?

Thanx

If the times arent available online, would they be available when getting on the ship the first day and making them for all week? Thanks. Im worried. I have 12 family members already booked and possibly up to 18. Im the only planner. Early seating is too early for my family and late too late for my sister. Hopeinf for 7ish.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If the times arent available online, would they be available when getting on the ship the first day and making them for all week? Thanks. Im worried. I have 12 family members already booked and possibly up to 18. Im the only planner. Early seating is too early for my family and late too late for my sister. Hopeinf for 7ish.

Thank you.

With that large of a group perhaps you should give Royal a callure to see if they can accommodate you.

Thank you.

Seven is the time that the Mytime Dining room is most likely to be full. While people who came in at 5:30 are getting done, anyone coming in a bit later is still eating. And 12 is a very large number - largest tables seat about 10. Last trip there were a couple of areas on Allure with 3 six/eight tops in them, but you would need that whole area to be clear of people at the same time. If you don't mind being seated in different areas of the dining room you might get away with coming in at seven without a reservation (and service will be a LOT faster), but do you really need everyone to dine at the same time? If so, check onboard - dining changes are handled in a central location an hour or so after boarding - see the Patter for location and time.

Wouldn't have been a problem on the hurricane cruises - often had less than 100 people in the whole dining room and waiters were coming over to help because their section literally had no customers.

Thank you.

We're on the Allure now. If you do 7:00, I suspect you're going to have trouble seeing the shows. For example, ice show is available one night at 9:30 and on the last day at 3:30. OceanAria is available 2 nights at 10:30, so that won't be a problem. Mamma Mia is available one night at 8:00,one night at 9:30--which will conflict with one of the available OceanAria shows, and one night at 5:00. Before totally settling on your dining time, I'd check the entertainment schedule. With such a large group, you are definitely going to need reservations to get in (reservations don't guarantee specific seats--merely that there will be one available).

I made reservations for two with My Time Dining. Didn't get the times I wanted on several nights. So do you think just showing up will mean a long wait?

Luke, are you saying the line without reservations went faster?

If you have a large group then in my judgement always an idea to communicate that ahead of time before you board. Then as soon as you board the ship, go and see the restaurant manager and have a chat with him/her. They might not be able to meet your requirements straight away but it helps to ask and be patient and flexible.

Personally, I would not turn up in a large group without a reservation and expect a large table to be available especially during peak period. That would be a last resort option for me.

I made reservations for two with My Time Dining. Didn't get the times I wanted on several nights. So do you think just showing up will mean a long wait? ...

Very hard to say. I've read reports where people say there was very little wait. I've also read other reports that say they had to wait 45 minutes.