Punta Cana - what to do?

nbsjcruiser

Oh well. We'll see what HAL comes up with. I do really hope to get out there and see some of the island, though. After all, that's why I cruise! :D

This is what HAL is offering on our January cruise where Punta Cana was already a scheduled stop.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/cruis...ursions.action

Go to list of excursions for Caribbean and then down to "Cap Cana"

You could call them to see if these same excursions will be offered on your cruise. Good Luck !

Thanks for your post. I'm curious we are also on HAL Oct 28 cruise. Have you booked this excursion or are you waiting to see what HAL offers?

we booked this directly..the cost is $99 pp and they know we have to tender so he has said he will have someone there by 8:50 if not earlier and we will be back no later than 4:00. This got great reviews on trip advisor and I was afraid he would sell out if we waited to long. excursion is paid in cash so no money has been sent

we booked this directly..the cost is $99 pp and they know we have to tender so he has said he will have someone there by 8:50 if not earlier and we will be back no later than 4:00. This got great reviews on trip advisor and I was afraid he would sell out if we waited to long. excursion is paid in cash so no money has been sent

That's fantastic. Thanks for the update. I think we will join you!

Hi Nadoyle, My understanding is we only dock at 12noon in Cap Cana . Please let me know if I missed a change in time>

Check out the link I posted above to HAL's website and the excursions offered in Cap Cana on our January cruise.

The Flavors of Cap Cana excursion is very similar to your excursion (less the school visit) and is offered by HAL for $69.95 per person. You should be able to get the same price by calling them.

Check out the link I posted above to HAL's website and the excursions offered in Cap Cana on our January cruise.

The Flavors of Cap Cana excursion is very similar to your excursion (less the school visit) and is offered by HAL for $69.95 per person. You should be able to get the same price by calling them.

Thank you Louis. I don't think we would get the same price because the tour offered by puntacana Mike is a day long (not 4 hours), it includes lunch on the beach and supporting the school is important to me. I do thank you for pointing it out though.

Hi Nadoyle, My understanding is we only dock at 12noon in Cap Cana . Please let me know if I missed a change in time>

According to the latest posting of times the website shows us arriving at 8:00am and departing at 5:00pm. It is a tender port

That's fantastic. Thanks for the update. I think we will join you!

I received a note back from Mike, as I was asking about number of children and needs for school. He said there are about 200 children and they are very much in need of school supplies. We took lots of items a few years ago when we did this on another cruise. Found lots of wonderful items at the dollar store and all that we brought was greatly appreciated

This is what HAL is offering on our January cruise where Punta Cana was already a scheduled stop.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/cruis...ursions.action

Go to list of excursions for Caribbean and then down to "Cap Cana"

You could call them to see if these same excursions will be offered on your cruise. Good Luck !

Years ago while on a Punta Cana vacation we took a resort excursion titled the "Outback Jungle Safari" (I think that's the name of an excursion company, actually) which sounds pretty similar to the "Outback Adventure in the Dominican Republic" listed in the HAL excursions. I'd recommend it to someone interested in seeing a bit oif the countryside. Note that it's listed as a full-day excursion though.