Most convenient car rental drop off to Port Everglades?

screenname2004

You cannot walk to Terminal 18 where Allure docks.

There are several car rental agencies that have shuttles to the cruise terminals. We have used Avis at the Pier 66 hotel on 17th St. several times with excellent results.

Thanks. I read some of the threads here that people just drop their car off at FLL airport and take a cab. Do you know if Hertz has an officer near the pier?

Yes. This is a list from a while back:

Hertz from Crown Plaza Hotel

Avis from Pier 66

Budget on 17th in shopping center next to Renaissance Hotel

Sixt further up 17th.

Thrifty/Dollar just out western port exit

I am under the impression that Alamo has a rental place within the pier area.

I am planning to return a car prior to boarding--can anyone add to my impression.

how do I get to the pier once I return the car??

I am under the impression that Alamo has a rental place within the pier area.

I am planning to return a car prior to boarding--can anyone add to my impression.

how do I get to the pier once I return the car??

If it's Port Everglades you're referring to...No car rental agencies inside the port.

The closest one is Thrifty/Dollar just out side the port gate...and they do offer a quick easy shuttle to the terminal's of PE....We've used them a few times.

Alamo says they are on Eller Avenue, which appears to be within the port area..am I mistaken

A quick look at Google Maps shows the Alamo location to be one block outside the Eller port gate. Similarly, the Hertz location is 1-2 blocks outside the 24th St gate.

Similarly, the Hertz location is 1-2 blocks outside the 24th St gate.

If there is a Hertz facility 1-2 blocks outside the 28th St. gate, can we drop the car off there? When I went to the Hertz to book a card, the closest one we can drop the car off is at Crown Plaza and it is about 0.8 miles from the port according to Google Maps.

If there is a Hertz facility 1-2 blocks outside the 28th St. gate, can we drop the car off there? When I went to the Hertz to book a card, the closest one we can drop the car off is at Crown Plaza and it is about 0.8 miles from the port according to Google Maps.

You absolutely can. The Port is a pretty large area, and the terminals aren't next to each other like Miami. The "0.8 miles" is to a geographic center, that may or may not be an actual dock location. The 24th St Gate to the port is less than 2 blocks from the Crown Plaza/Hertz location. Their shuttle will get you to your ship. Doesn't get much easier. And the rental will probably be cheaper 25% cheaper for our recent rental) by dropping off airport.

We use National and have been very happy with their free shuttle. Very quick from the time we drop off the car at the airport in Ft. Lauderdale to the time the shuttle arrives at Port Everglades. Same thing driving to Miami from FLL. Their shuttle from MIA to POM is very timely, even though it's further away from the port than in Ft. L.

We use National and have been very happy with their free shuttle. Very quick from the time we drop off the car at the airport in Ft. Lauderdale to the time the shuttle arrives at Port Everglades. Same thing driving to Miami from FLL. Their shuttle from MIA to POM is very timely, even though it's further away from the port than in Ft. L.

Free car rental shuttles no longer run from FLL to the port. All the rental companies opened branches near the port and most shuttle from there.

Alamo is just outside the Port facility in FLL.

I called them, they asked that you deposit luggage and passengers at the pier, return the car to Eller Avenue, and a shuttle bus will drive back to the pier.

shuttle runs every 15 mins during peak time