Single Cabin Double Price?

Hello everyone, I'm looking for a bit of guidance about Royal Caribbean cabins. We have seen the current (October 17) promotion for All In cruising with the drinks package included. This looks like a great offer and means we may be able to afford to take my dad and my sister in law with us. They would both need their own space. However I can't seem to find any single cabins as part of the deal and it looks like it would be full fare x2 for each of them. Which would mean 6 fares for 4 of us in 3 cabins. If I called Royal Caribbean might I get a deal rather than going via the website or maybe through a travel agent? Does anyone have any suggestions of thoughts of a more affordable way as part of this or possibly another deal. Any thoughts most welcome. Thank you.

Yep, that’s the cruel single tax, double the price for any cabin. We have a friend who has cruised many times with us. He doesn’t like sharing a room, so if he cruises he pays double. He knows it’s the cost of cruising and he loves cruises, so he does it willingly. There are solo cabins on some cruise lines but I don’t know which ones personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, that’s the cruel single tax, double the price for any cabin. We have a friend who has cruised many times with us. He doesn’t like sharing a room, so if he cruises he pays double. He knows it’s the cost of cruising and he loves cruises, so he does it willingly. There are solo cabins on some cruise lines but I don’t know which ones personally.

If you book a hotel room, you pay the same for one as for two. At least for the cruise, taxes and port fees are only charged for one.

I think part of the problem here is that the package price per-person double occupancy includes drinks, so one would hope there would be at least an adjustment for removing the cost of the "free/included" drink package for the 200% single supplement apparently being required.

Have you priced it using the US pricing just to see if there's a significant difference?

If you book a hotel room, you pay the same for one as for two. At least for the cruise, taxes and port fees are only charged for one.

Yes, I agree.

Plus the cruise lines are getting less gratuity, on board purchases, specially dining, drinks, etc. less revenue when only a single.

I get it, my friends who travel in single rooms get. It’s the cost of cruising and they are fine with it, even though I’m sure they’d prefer a discount. [emoji6]

It all depends on the ship you are looking at, some RCI ships do not have solo cabins. I frequently sail solo and was lucky enough to take advantage of the 50% off second person deal when they ran it. Unfortunately, if the extra people need their own cabin you may be stuck paying double. Don't you just love the single supplement. At least they will get double points.