Internet package questions

zdub86

Hello. We will be cruising on the Liberty of the Seas in February 2018. It will be my first RCI cruise in a very long time, and first cruise with our 4 year old and 17 year old. My wife and I were talking the other day about possibly buying an internet package for the 17 year old so he can stay in touch with his girlfriend while we are gone for a week, he's stressing about that haha. Plus we all know how teenagers are with their technology these days. Anyways, I went on the RCI website and it looks like they have internet called "Voom Surf and Stream Voyage Package" for $14.39/day for 1 device, then it just goes up in price if you add multiple devices. It says it's unlimited Wifi and streaming. For anyone who has purchased this package before, can you please tell me what this includes? Is it pretty much like having Wifi at home or LTE data plan where you can use Facebook, stream music and/or moves, text, and make phone calls?

Thanks in advance!!

I suspect he will be using it mainly for phone calls, texting, and Facetime if it doesn't lag too bad. He probably won't be doing much streaming, if any, and we will try to stay as busy as possible while on the ship.

I suspect he will be using it mainly for phone calls, texting, and Facetime if it doesn't lag too bad. He probably won't be doing much streaming, if any, and we will try to stay as busy as possible while on the ship.

Should work fine for those purposes.

We shared a package for one device among 4 last year.

Who ever is on needs to go to Logoff.com

To log off, so next person can the use it.

Your 17 year old will probably be on it most of the time, but needs to log off for you to use it.

You then need to enter the password the ship will give you.

Then logoff.com

So he can go back on.

You'll all share the same password even if you decided to get it for 2 or more devices.

I think one device would probably be enough for you and your son to share.

From our experience he will be on it most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

FYI, it depends on the ship if you need to log off.

On Grandeur, we found that if one person was online, and the second logged in, they grabbed the connection. No log off required. :)

Good way to torture a 17 year-old. :D