Grand Princess Exoerience

Katiebarile

We were on the Grand in May for another Alaskan cruise, our favorite ship is the Royal but we really enjoyed our time on the Grand. We had no issues and are sailing again on the Grand in 2 weeks on the Hawaiian crossing and looking forward to it. No worries, enjoy!

Well, I don't know about OP, but I am now more excited than ever to be sailing on the Grand this Sunday! We did Panama Canal on Island Princess last March, and I was shocked that DH (who was a very hard sale on that trip) suggested another cruise. I had heard some of the same complaints regarding Island Princess before that cruise. But that boat was just right for us. We are looking forward to our upcoming experience and being able to compare the differences. :cool:

Well, I don't know about OP, but I am now more excited than ever to be sailing on the Grand this Sunday! We did Panama Canal on Island Princess last March, and I was shocked that DH (who was a very hard sale on that trip) suggested another cruise. I had heard some of the same complaints regarding Island Princess before that cruise. But that boat was just right for us. We are looking forward to our upcoming experience and being able to compare the differences. :cool:

I’m doing a BVE on Sunday on the Grand with someone that is going on the cruise. We get to board earlier, lunch in the MDR, I get a free glass of wine, plus a chance to be on a great ship.

Tom😀

The Grand is great. I have been on the Grand to Alaska twice, and to Hawaii twice.

Some of the good things: Alfredo's pizzeria, also Deck 14 pizza, the dessert buffet at Horizon Court on Deck 14, a great promenade deck (Deck 7), and the aft Vista Lounge on Deck 7. There are some smaller and more intimate shows at the Vists Lounge.

Enjoy! Aloha😊

My 2 bits... Deck 14 Trident Grill changes to a night menu at 6 pm. Different days they will offer Pork Ribs, Orange Molasses Grilled Chicken, Pulled Pork, Texas Beef Chill, and Jumbo Chicken Wings. On request, you can get Veggie Burgers. Y U M !!!

I’m doing a BVE on Sunday on the Grand with someone that is going on the cruise. We get to board earlier, lunch in the MDR, I get a free glass of wine, plus a chance to be on a great ship.

Tom😀

Did you know that you don't even have to book with someone that is going on a cruise to go to the BVE? For some reason, I think you already knew this, though.

I've sailed on the Grand Princess 8 times (first in 2000, last in 2016) and still think she is still a fine ship. As others have mentioned I also love Alfredos pizzeria and eat there almost every day when aboard. Sailing out of SF is also a big plus as it's sure nice to be able to cruise without flying to the ship.

Enjoy your cruise and don't worry

I've sailed on the Grand Princess 8 times (first in 2000, last in 2016) and still think she is still a fine ship. As others have mentioned I also love Alfredos pizzeria and eat there almost every day when aboard. Sailing out of SF is also a big plus as it's sure nice to be able to cruise without flying to the ship.

Enjoy your cruise and don't worry

One of the main reasons I chose this ship is because of the departure out of SF. I live in San Jose so we can drive there. Saved a lot of money and hassle by not having to fly anywhere. Also, we can bring as much luggage as we need without worrying if it exceeds the weight restrictions on airlines.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ahh.. . ok, I did a search and learned about this. Why, oh why, had I not heard of this before? I am bummed. Our daughter lives in SF and is taking us to lunch right before our cruise. We would have dearly loved to have taken her on board, had a nice lunch, gotten a "lay of the land" so to speak AND FCD's!! All the while boarding early? WOW! But sadly, it is only 3 days before our cruise, so too late for her to book, even if spaces are available. Dang... I need to talk to my TA about cluing me in on such things!

Tom😀

Have a great time. we have done the BVE several times on the Grand with family... enjoy it a lot.

Wee did the Island last Feb and the Grand this coming Feb. I'm super excited and would live to hear your thoughts on the ship when you get back. We're headed to Mexico, not Hawaii.