Holiday Dining - What am I missing?

So I am trying to get over the disappointment of no Dining Plans offered on our Holiday Sailing on the Navigator of the Seas this Christmas. I started researching the per visit pricing on some of the restaurants and compared the Holiday Pricing for Chops Grill. Normally the up charge for Chops is $35 per person, however, during their special holiday seating the price is $79 per person.

Besides Champagne during the Holiday seating there is very little difference in the menu. Well I do see that the holiday menu has Mac-N-Cheese as a side dish.... I just not sure that's worth an extra $44 per person on top of the normal uncharge!

To be clear: On the 23rd of December I can book Chops for $35 per person but on the 24th and 25th it's $79 per person for very much the same menu as far as I can tell.

Am I missing something or is this just a money grab?

We cruise over Thanksgiving since my Mom passed and I was very surprised over the quality of the Thanksgiving turkey and all the trimmings. Trust me, we are very picky about holiday meals out, nothing can match Mom's. Give the MDR a chance and you may be pleasantly surprised. We did pass on the pie though, and hoping Brilliance will be as good as Serenade's.

I agree, the price is not fair as Christmas cruises run higher anyway.

Thanks Bob - That is truly disappointing... mainly because it feels so blatantly like a money grab.

I also agree that it's not really worth the $35 either. However, I understand free market.... If they are making money on this then they will continue to do it. I was just getting "used to" buying a multi-night dining plan, but at standard nightly rates I think I will pass.

I will be sure to let them know I had been prepared to pay for a dining plan if there is any push for the upsell dining while we are on board.

Thanks All

I saw that offer in our Cruise Planner as well, but for New Year's Eve. Chuckled, shook my head, and moved on. No thanks!

My hope is that the MDR meal is halfway decent that night, one of the previous posts sounds encouraging.

Last Christmas on Navigator the reverted back to the $35 regular charge for Christmas Eve/Day and New Eve/Day since nobody booked the ridiculous $79 holiday "special". Hopefully they'll do the same this year.

Just started reading this thread and was going to post the same thing.

OP, Wait until you are on board and you might find regular prices.