Carnival Insurance Thank You!

Kcarp

Hi,

I went on a cruise on the Conquest in January. It was a 6-day Grand Turk, Nassau, and Amber Cove out of Fort Lauderdale. The cruise was going great. We were having a great time. When we arrived in AC we went ate breakfast at the ship buffet before we left the ship. I ate the buffet, eggs, bacon, sausage and Canadian bacon. After breakfast we decided to explore the port. After my meal,l I felt like I couldn't swallow.

We walked around for a few hours and I was feeling ill. It came to a point that I felt like my throat was closing. I don't have any allergies that i'm aware of. I started going down hill, where I couldn't swallow. I started throwing up water and felt like something was trapped in my throat. I couldn't believe this was happening. We decide to go back to the ship, because I was getting weak. I made it to the hospital and spent the next 12 hours there throwing up, getting shots in my stomach. trying to feed me sprite. Nothing was working. I decided to go to my cabin and just throw up in a trash can. I asked my girlfriend to go get me soup. I thought maybe that would push it through.

When she left, I grabbed a bottle of water and went in to the shower. I prayed to God after I downed the water it would pass. Well I started downing the bottle of water and my throat cleared. I was so re leaved. Anyway, after the cruise I contacted my Insurance Company UHC and they said they couldn't help me cause it was international waters. So, I turned to my travel insurance through Carnival and they paid the 1k bill in full . This is the first time I talk about this. However, be careful what you chew and swallow. I fill blessed. Can't wait till my next cruise.

Hi,

I went on a cruise on the Conquest in January. It was a 6-day Grand Turk, Nassau, and Amber Cove out of Fort Lauderdale. The cruise was going great. We were having a great time. When we arrived in AC we went ate breakfast at the ship buffet before we left the ship. I ate the buffet, eggs, bacon, sausage and Canadian bacon. After breakfast we decided to explore the port. After my meal,l I felt like I couldn't swallow.

We walked around for a few hours and I was feeling ill. It came to a point that I felt like my throat was closing. I don't have any allergies that i'm aware of. I started going down hill, where I couldn't swallow. I started throwing up water and felt like something was trapped in my throat. I couldn't believe this was happening. We decide to go back to the ship, because I was getting weak. I made it to the hospital and spent the next 12 hours there throwing up, getting shots in my stomach. trying to feed me sprite. Nothing was working. I decided to go to my cabin and just throw up in a trash can. I asked my girlfriend to go get me soup. I thought maybe that would push it through.

When she left, I grabbed a bottle of water and went in to the shower. I prayed to God after I downed the water it would pass. Well I started downing the bottle of water and my throat cleared. I was so re leaved. Anyway, after the cruise I contacted my Insurance Company UHC and they said they couldn't help me cause it was international waters. So, I turned to my travel insurance through Carnival and they paid the 1k bill in full . This is the first time I talk about this. However, be careful what you chew and swallow. I fill blessed. Can't wait till my next cruise.

That is very scary and glad to hear you are ok.

As a side note, please see your PCP and discuss, you may have dysphagia. My 26 year old son has it and it is very random and comes out of nowhere. He is now on medication that has controlled it and he has not had an episode in a few years.

That is very scary and glad to hear you are ok.

As a side note, please see your PCP and discuss, you may have dysphagia. My 26 year old son has it and it is very random and comes out of nowhere. He is now on medication that has controlled it and he has not had an episode in a few years.

Thank you, I will check in to that.

Good thing you had insurance and I'm glad it wasn't anything you had to be put in the hospital off the ship for. Carnival's insurance only covers $10,000 and you would be responsible for the rest. It's a good idea to shop around for better plans for the future.

Glad you are OK! That had to be extremely terrifying.

Hi,

Wow! Good to know. Glad you were ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums