Bottles of Wine - Dining Room

Hi Everyone,

I've been searching through the forums and can't find any recent answers (I'm sure they are there -- I just can't seem to find them).

It has been a long time since we sailed with Royal. We usually buy a bottle of wine with dinner but rarely finish it in one sitting.

Does Royal store the bottle and retrieve for the following night's dinner?

Can we take the bottle to a show afterwards or back to our cabin?

I recall that they used to allow both but I'm never sure with the changes since we've been on board.

Thanks in advance for your help!

If it really has been a while, also be aware you are allowed to bring two bottles per room onboard with you (don't forget to bring a corkscrew). If you bring your bottle to the MDR you *might* be charged a corkage fee (as you might see in other discussions here, this is not consistent), if so you can get your own wine glasses and pour yourselves a glass to take to the MDR with you.

Thank you for the suggestions. We'll probably get a couple of bottles to bring on - most have gone to screw tops now so hopefully we can find a few decent bottles that don't need a corkscrew.

We have a dining package that gets us 40% off bottles of wine. DW likes a few glasses and this looks like a far better deal for us than purchasing the Drinks package.

Looking forward to sailing in a week!

Thank you for the suggestions. We'll probably get a couple of bottles to bring on - most have gone to screw tops now so hopefully we can find a few decent bottles that don't need a corkscrew.

We have a dining package that gets us 40% off bottles of wine. DW likes a few glasses and this looks like a far better deal for us than purchasing the Drinks package.

Looking forward to sailing in a week!

The corkage fee has nothing to do with the bottle having a cork or a screwtop. It is a term used by the restaurant industry that refers to an added charge to make up for the lost profit on the sale of a bottle of wine when the customer brings their own wine.

The fee may or may not be charged depending on the ship, waiter, day of the week position of the moon etc...

If it really has been a while, also be aware you are allowed to bring two bottles per room onboard with you (don't forget to bring a corkscrew). If you bring your bottle to the MDR you *might* be charged a corkage fee (as you might see in other discussions here, this is not consistent), if so you can get your own wine glasses and pour yourselves a glass to take to the MDR with you.

Talking about taking glass of wine to the MDR would it be embarrassing to order 2 or 3 extra bottles of wine on the first night of the cruise. The reason I ask is on my last cruise wine is at 25% discount then in the MDR so is it even allowed or you have to order wine by the glass.

Talking about taking glass of wine to the MDR would it be embarrassing to order 2 or 3 extra bottles of wine on the first night of the cruise. The reason I ask is on my last cruise wine is at 25% discount then in the MDR so is it even allowed or you have to order wine by the glass.

I don’t know if this is still possible or not. However, I think the waiter may cork, label and store any partial bottles for another night. That might be a great way to enjoy a good deal on several bottles of wine. Purchase and open several the first night. Just ask in advance what happens to any partial bottles.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sure, you can purchase as many bottles of wine as you like in the MDR.

Also some ships put a white stick on label on wine delivered to your cabin stating no corkage fee if consumed in the dinning room. We got wine from C&A diamond Plus gift, and one from hotel manager and both had sticker on Oasis two weeks ago. Bob:):):)