shaky introduction to first carnival cruise

cruisin froggy

We booked a cruise on Carnival, our first cruise on Carnival. Unfortunately we had to cancel because our grand daughter decided to get married then. Obviously her wedding came first. Because we cancelled, we did not get everything back and we were given $700 future cruise credit. We have now booked another Carnival cruise expecting to have $700 credited to our account. But we only had $600 credited because we had cancelled 2 cruises. Really? were both of us considered one cruise??? Sounded crazy. But our TA said no, it was because we had cancelled 2 Carnival cruises. Unless I am booking cruises in my sleep, I was pretty sure we only cancelled one cruise. To make a long story short, our TA sent me the record of our bookings and cancellations. Hmmm. There was indeed the cruise we cancelled to attend the wedding and there was the second booked cruise and cancellation, on the exact same date as the wedding. Huh? Who would do that? Unless I'm losing my mind, I know I didn't and wouldn't do such a stupid thing. I don't think I will win this argument so we are going to have to swallow $100, the cost of cancelling the cruise we never booked. All I can think is that someone elses cruise was cancelled in our name. If that is so, I hope they got it figured out and had a nice cruise. Anyway, just thought you all might enjoy a bizarre story. I'm hoping I can past this and enjoy our upcoming cruise.

We booked a cruise on Carnival, our first cruise on Carnival. Unfortunately we had to cancel because our grand daughter decided to get married then. Obviously her wedding came first. Because we cancelled, we did not get everything back and we were given $700 future cruise credit. We have now booked another Carnival cruise expecting to have $700 credited to our account. But we only had $600 credited because we had cancelled 2 cruises. Really? were both of us considered one cruise??? Sounded crazy. But our TA said no, it was because we had cancelled 2 Carnival cruises. Unless I am booking cruises in my sleep, I was pretty sure we only cancelled one cruise. To make a long story short, our TA sent me the record of our bookings and cancellations. Hmmm. There was indeed the cruise we cancelled to attend the wedding and there was the second booked cruise and cancellation, on the exact same date as the wedding. Huh? Who would do that? Unless I'm losing my mind, I know I didn't and wouldn't do such a stupid thing. I don't think I will win this argument so we are going to have to swallow $100, the cost of cancelling the cruise we never booked. All I can think is that someone elses cruise was cancelled in our name. If that is so, I hope they got it figured out and had a nice cruise. Anyway, just thought you all might enjoy a bizarre story. I'm hoping I can past this and enjoy our upcoming cruise.

It sounds as though you booked at an Early Saver rate. The rules for that rate are fairly specific, and your TA should have explained them to you when you booked. When you cancel an ES booking, you forfeit $50 per person and the rest is held as a future cruise credit that must be used in the next two years. https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2705/~/early-saver-and-early-saver-last-call-promotions

Yes, you booked one cruise, but you pay the cruise fare per person, not per cruise.

Sorry this happened to you and I hope you enjoy both the wedding and your cruise!

All's well that ends well! My TA persevered and finally guest services admitted it was their mistake and credited us the $700. It was the saver rate and we knew that but we also knew we were due $700 cruise credit and this all began when I looked over the invoice and questioned why not the $700. When I saw the date of the "second" cruise cancellation, I knew it was a mistake by Carnival and they finally admitted it and we are paid in full! It just pays to be vigilant. Our TA has always worked well for us. I have no complaints. She just assumed 2 cruises and 2 cancellations until I argued it was amiss. Anyway, I'm glad it got resolved and especially that we weren't out money we didn't owe. HAPPY CRUISING! Thanks for your answers. See you on board.

All's well that ends well! My TA persevered and finally guest services admitted it was their mistake and credited us the $700. It was the saver rate and we knew that but we also knew we were due $700 cruise credit and this all began when I looked over the invoice and questioned why not the $700. When I saw the date of the "second" cruise cancellation, I knew it was a mistake by Carnival and they finally admitted it and we are paid in full! It just pays to be vigilant. Our TA has always worked well for us. I have no complaints. She just assumed 2 cruises and 2 cancellations until I argued it was amiss. Anyway, I'm glad it got resolved and especially that we weren't out money we didn't owe. HAPPY CRUISING! Thanks for your answers. See you on board.

I'm glad it all worked out for you!!

Glad it worked out for. Just as an FYI, you must have booked 'early saver' based on the penalties. In the future, you don't have to book early saver if there's a chance your plans may change.

There's many rate types to choose from. Early saver is then ONLY non-refundable rate carnival offers. Under any other rate category you can get a 100% cash refund of your deposit until your final payment is due.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

:) In the future you might want to think about booking directly with Carnival. I know some TA"s offer a OBC but if there is a problem you must go through your TA to resolve it. Most reps. at Carnival will do every thing they can to help you. Have been booking through them for years and have never been disappointed.;)

Lesson learned for you no ER.