Just off Harmony charges appeared on my credit card that I didn't authorize

just got off the Harmony this morning. We got our bill before we left the ship and all was good.

We just Finished unpacking and my husband just happened to check our credit card statement . It seems 2 days ago while we were at Sea 2 charges were made to our directly onto ourcredit card, not on our seepass account. It said for purchases. We did not purchase anything and even if we did it would have gone our seapass card, not directly onto our credit card like it did.

Just got off the phone with RCCL and they are saying they charge cards to check credit. They said they the charges are pending charges then they will be removed. We are Diamond + and have been on many cruises & never saw this. They said read your cruise contract. They have the right to do it.

Has this happened to anyone else. It's making me a little nervous that someone can just charge a credit card for purchases that we did not make just to check credit.

Anyone know anything about this?

The holds should approximate the balance on your seapass at the time they are charged. The pending charges have always disappeared from my account in a few days. The first time i noticed them I was on the phone, as you were, but they roll off in a short period.

Similar to the $1.00 fee you see on your credit card account when charging gas. The $1.00 fee disappears when the $25.00 gas charge hits your card.

Once your final account hits, the trial pending charges will drop off. If you zeroed out your account on board, the pending fees will still disappear.

Unfortunately, several folks report an additional $6-12 charge pop onto a credit card - in addition to the amount that matched your bill. That charge is usually tied to a water bottle that was in your room which many of us do not touch.

Judy

Similar to the $1.00 fee you see on your credit card account when charging gas. The $1.00 fee disappears when the $25.00 gas charge hits your card.

Once your final account hits, the trial pending charges will drop off. If you zeroed out your account on board, the pending fees will still disappear.

Unfortunately, several folks report an additional $6-12 charge pop onto a credit card - in addition to the amount that matched your bill. That charge is usually tied to a water bottle that was in your room which many of us do not touch.

Judy

Yes, that also happened to us also in July when we came off the Anthem. $12 for water that we didn't touch. Which is also why we were concerned about these charges.

just got off the Harmony this morning. We got our bill before we left the ship and all was good.

We just Finished unpacking and my husband just happened to check our credit card statement . It seems 2 days ago while we were at Sea 2 charges were made to our directly onto ourcredit card, not on our seepass account. It said for purchases. We did not purchase anything and even if we did it would have gone our seapass card, not directly onto our credit card like it did.

Just got off the phone with RCCL and they are saying they charge cards to check credit. They said they the charges are pending charges then they will be removed. We are Diamond + and have been on many cruises & never saw this. They said read your cruise contract. They have the right to do it.

Has this happened to anyone else. It's making me a little nervous that someone can just charge a credit card for purchases that we did not make just to check credit.

Anyone know anything about this?

Happens all the time. They are just pinging charge cards to insure there's still a card with space available on it. As long as it says PENDING no issue. They will drop off. Give it a few days. On our extended 5 extra days Harvey Liberty cruise, there were folks who had maxed out and still trying to buy.

Ok, good to know, thanks.

Just seemed crazy to us that after all our years of cruising and after all our cruises, we never saw anything like this.

There are a couple of reasons that you may never have noticed them before,

1. They may have dropped off before you had a chance to check your credit card.

2. Your credit card may have just recently started posting the pending charges. This was the case with my credit card. It has only been within the past year that they wpuld show the pending charges. Prior to that I could not see them even though they were there.