Haven perks for 2nd cabin?

speedchef

We have booked a Haven 2 bedroom on the Epic in December. We are traveling with 3 of our adult sons and our Daughter in law. We decided to have all of us stay together in one cabin. This was the option we chose so we could all have Haven amenities. We talked about getting another cabin for one of our sons and his wife, this would have given us more space but would have meant that we could not all enjoy the Haven together and we decided that everyone having access was more important than extra space. In my opinion it doesn’t seem right to give access to those who don’t pay for it and should not able to just use it for free. Either all 4 people should stay in the one Haven cabin or if you want separate space than book 2 Haven cabins so you know there won’t be any question as to weather everyone will have access or not.

I don't understand what you all don't understand. I would only book this if they put in writing that I would get what I was told was allowed. I would be paying more and would agree that the balcony should than be considered Haven for DSC so again payin more. The fact that they do not offer an adjoining cabin that qualifies is a design flaw on the ship and one they can easily allow. As some personel will tell his absolutely no problem. While others say it us not.

And if they didn't expect this to be booked this way why make it adjoining cabin.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

...I would only book this if they put in writing that I would get what I was told was allowed... The fact that they do not offer an adjoining cabin that qualifies is a design flaw on the ship and one they can easily allow...

I'd bet you will never get it in writing, I doubt you would find anyone willing to put that pressure on the concierge.

Regarding making the adjoining cabins also suites, perhaps they should. It would have helped a lot of people, including myself. I suspect NCL keeps it this way to keep costs down for families wanting the space for their children. With the current configuration they will sell the balcony to someone else, and if two couples want separate cabins and suites they are still free to book them.

I don’t think that it is that we don’t understand what you are saying. I agree that it is a design flaw, however it goes beyond DSC being the same for both rooms. That adjoining cabin would probably not be the same cost if it included the Haven amenities. I am sure they would raise the price of it if it included all of the Haven benefits. It would be great if they found a way to rent that room both ways. The regular price or for an additional cost for this cabin when rented as an adjoining room you can all have Haven access and then they also adjust the DSC accordingly.

I don't understand what you all don't understand. I would only book this if they put in writing that I would get what I was told was allowed.

It is understood by all that if you are allowed, you are allowed. What people have a problem with is the expectation that it will be allowed.

There have been examples (here on CC) of it being allowed but far more examples of it being denied.

One of the reasons that it gets denied is that (as mentioned above) what's to stop people from taking advantage? If 2 book the Haven H6 and 2 book the balcony and divide the total by 4 (all four would most likely get the UBP/SDP promos), it would be a better deal for all 4. The two in the Haven would pay less and the 2 in the balcony would get Haven access for less plus all 4 would be more comfortable since both couples have their own stateroom.

Booking all 4 in the H6 would mean that only 2 get the UBP/SDP promos plus less space/privacy.

Then there are other scenarios such as 3 in the H6 and 2 in the balcony....who gets the "extra" Haven access? One, both, or none?

I don’t think that it is that we don’t understand what you are saying. I agree that it is a design flaw, however it goes beyond DSC being the same for both rooms. That adjoining cabin would probably not be the same cost if it included the Haven amenities. I am sure they would raise the price of it if it included all of the Haven benefits. It would be great if they found a way to rent that room both ways. The regular price or for an additional cost for this cabin when rented as an adjoining room you can all have Haven access and then they also adjust the DSC accordingly.
I said that quite a few post ago. But as far as the cost of the Haven Amenities to them they have not changed provided the stipulation we were told applies that you do not exceed the total of 4 Haven passengers that would be allowed in the Aft penthouse if only 2 people were booked in each room

I said that quite a few post ago. But as far as the cost of the Haven Amenities to them they have not changed provided the stipulation we were told applies that you do not exceed the total of 4 Haven passengers that would be allowed in the Aft penthouse if only 2 people were booked in each room

Again you are paying the price for a cabin without the added benefits, if it included the amenities it would have a higher price. It is a separate cabin and you are getting whatever free at sea perks for both cabins, in my case we are putting 6 people in our cabin and only myself and my husband will get the perks. Does that mean that if they all get access to the Haven that the 2 in the adjoining cabin are willing to give up all of their free at sea perks?

Again you are paying the price for a cabin without the added benefits, if it included the amenities it would have a higher price. It is a separate cabin and you are getting whatever free at sea perks for both cabins, in my case we are putting 6 people in our cabin and only myself and my husband will get the perks. Does that mean that if they all get access to the Haven that the 2 in the adjoining cabin are willing to give up all of their free at sea perks?
Perhaps that could be the case. But would go by what NCL quote me when booking and hold them to it.

We were in a Haven Aft suite a few years ago and my son and daughter in law were in a connecting balcony. We asked Adrien the concierge if they could use the Haven courtyard and he said he Would look the other way when they come in. And he did. But it’s a different story to get into the Haven restaurant. They actually ask for your room key to let you in n. They did have dinner with us but we had to pay $25 per person extra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand what you all don't understand. I would only book this if they put in writing that I would get what I was told was allowed. I would be paying more and would agree that the balcony should than be considered Haven for DSC so again payin more. The fact that they do not offer an adjoining cabin that qualifies is a design flaw on the ship and one they can easily allow. As some personel will tell his absolutely no problem. While others say it us not.

And if they didn't expect this to be booked this way why make it adjoining cabin.

So, tell us, what is the cost for the suite? And what is the cost for the adjoining riim? You think a few bucks a day for the DSC makes it okay? I don't.

I have stayed in dozens of cruise and hotel rooms that have been built wirh adjoing rooms, that were never opened and occupied by total

Strangers. You just pretend it is a wall. Just because the door can be opened it doesn't mean the suite amenities move freely as the people.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am only going to say this one last time and not return. I was told by NCL PCC and butler that it is allowed provided only 2 are booked in each room. I have not actually booked it as such. But if and when I do. And if I am given that information I would get it in writing. I have never said it is or is not the policy. Only that it is what I personally was told. I have supported reasons as to why it would make sense. Many have made reason it would not. The only constant is if you ask NCL you are sure to varying answers depending on who you speak to

I am only going to say this one last time and not return. I was told by NCL PCC and butler that it is allowed provided only 2 are booked in each room. I have not actually booked it as such. But if and when I do. And if I am given that information I would get it in writing. I have never said it is or is not the policy. Only that it is what I personally was told. I have supported reasons as to why it would make sense. Many have made reason it would not. The only constant is if you ask NCL you are sure to varying answers depending on who you speak to

That reasoning makes no sense and is just borderline stupid. They are saying it is OK "provided only 2 are booked in each room"?? So, IOW, 2 in each room...share the perks, but what if there are 3 in the suite and 2 in the balcony?? Does the one extra person in the suite somehow invalidate the perks?

Makes no sense.

What makes sense to you does not make sense to me and others on this thread feel one way or the other.

This I do know, the only way to insure all get haven perks is for all to be booked in and pay for Haven.

For what it is worth, I have travelled a few times in suites with family who was not and it was doable. We would meet after meals and if we wanted to dine together we would go to the MDR. We only had them to our suite and did not entertain them in the common areas, which is for inly those who paid for them. I never once have asked for favors. Would never think to.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums