Upgrade Fairy and doc dance

familyplanner

I got my docs on Tuesday. I booked two 4a guarantees and got upgraded to two 7A's. I am so excited. I am assuming since my cabin # came printed on the documents that it won't likely change. They also sent me the correct luggage tags, not the TBA ones.

Candi

I wouldn't want to get anyone's hopes up but their was a couple at my table on my last cruise who claimed they were upgraded again between receiving their docs (with the cabin number printed on them) and arriving at the ship. In their case it was a huge upgrade to a Cat. 11 suite (how do some people get so lucky!) Anyway they were thrilled when they got to the doc and wouldn't quite believe it until they were actually entering the room- even at dinner that first night they kept saying they expected someone to show up and tell them there had been a mistake and they had to move. It was their first cruise and it was so much fun to see them so excited.

We booked a 1A and a 4A for our upcoming Conquest cruise. I called today and found out that we were upgraded to two 6As that are adjoining cabins! How cool is that?

When I spoke with Carnival about a week or so ago about our Jan 15th sailing I also asked about when we could find out our guarantee assignment. He said not until we boarded basically and that they don't even always print it on our cruise docs (we have had them on there before). Gonna need to call again!

Jen

When I spoke with Carnival about a week or so ago about our Jan 15th sailing I also asked about when we could find out our guarantee assignment. He said not until we boarded basically and that they don't even always print it on our cruise docs (we have had them on there before). Gonna need to call again!

Jen

Jen,

When I called Carnival, I was calling because we received our statements in the mail and the price of our cruise had gone up. :eek: I was calling to see what was going on as we had statements that showed a lesser amount. The PVP said it looks like you changed your cabin catagory. I said, No, we booked guarantees and haven't changed them. To make a long story short, the latest statements had the wrong price on them, she sent us via email correct statements and she said our cabins had been assigned. I asked for cabin numbers and she gave them to me. I said are you sure? She said yes and gave me her direct phone number because I was having a hard time believing that we had that good of an upgrade.

I went on line to see what it showed. I just went to the "my resevation" screen, hit the upgrade cabin button and it showed that we had a 6A on both reservations.

We just found out that we were upgrade from 4A Guaranteed Rivera Deck to 4G inside on the Panarama deck whick is deck 10, way up high on the ship. This is a great upgrade. Highest inside rooms on the Liberty.

I am glad that you are happy with your assignment, but I have a question, comment, something.

This is not meant as any type of flame, I am honestly curious.

I prefer to be on a low deck. Can anyone tell me why everyone thinks the high decks are better especially with an inside? I can understand with a balcony or ocean view because, like in a building the higher you are the better you can see, but why does an inside matter?

Now I fully understand that moving from an inside to an outside of any kind and any location is an upgrade. Why is higher on the ship in an inside so much better?

Now I fully understand that moving from an inside to an outside of any kind and any location is an upgrade. Why is higher on the ship in an inside so much better?

I've noticed that there are some people here who do prefer inside cabins, on lower decks, near the center of the ship. Mainly because that is where the least amount of motion is supposed to be.

I think for others it can be the location of the cabin versus the location of the main dining rooms or the pool so they are closer to most of the activities.

This time we didn't do GRTY. But we normally do. For me any upgrade would be great... I only have had that experience once. Maybe in the future the upgrade fairly will look kindly on us :p.

For me any upgrade will do and any location is fine. I haven't had any bad experiences yet with where they put us. But we aren't that picky. Although around mid-night I prefer it be somewhat quite around our room for us to sleep.

I'm happy for those of you that got your upgrades!!!!:D

Kim

Archived