NCL Book safe & pre-existing conditions

Twinzma

I called and did not get a straight answer really. They told me that they are looking back on the 60 days prior for something "new". OK so I was in the ER for an severe reaction on day 58 from fire ant bites. Yes you read that right, they carry the same venom as bees and wasps which also I react to. This is not new I have been carrying Epi-pens for quite sometime. SO, is this pre-existing or not? Anyone with prior experience? :confused:

I am just worried if I get stung when I travel. If I take the Epi-pen I always need to seek medical attention. Just to make certain my heart does not go out of whack from the shot.

Coming from a former, medical practitioner point of view, I'd speculate this will negate any coverage for an allergic reaction, since it's within 60 days. Insurance companies will latch on to anything to deny claims, and this condition is too similar to any other reactionary symptom, and would have very similar treatment.

You have an allergy. And it sounds like you have always had that allergy. I would think that whether or not you have had a reaction in the last 60 days, your allergy would still be a pre-existing condition. If I'm diagnosed with a heart condition as a child and am able to manage it well with medications, I would still think that that's a pre-existing condition, even if you don't have a flare up in the 60 days leading up to the cruise.

More importantly, anything that happens on the trip won't be related to you getting fire any bites 58 days before the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums