P&O - smallish 5% overall discounts apart, do prices vary between travel agents?

Harry Peterson

Basically I get my prices from the P&O website and then tell my TA which cruise I want. He already knows where I want the cabin. He then books it and after all the P&O discounts, OBC etc, he then discounts it again. What's not to like?

Basically I get my prices from the P&O website and then tell my TA which cruise I want. He already knows where I want the cabin. He then books it and after all the P&O discounts, OBC etc, he then discounts it again. What's not to like?
Sounds like my sort of TA.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

Exactly the same for me. As you say, what's not to like? No loss of control that I can see (you have access to the same P&O booking screen) and the additional services of an agent should you need it. They also carry more weight with P&O in the event of a disagreement, as a neighbour of ours found. Without his agent he would have lost several thousand pounds.

As has been mentioned, P&O will sell the cruise through these companies cheaper than their own site. Also for fly cruises these companies use low cost airlines which can turn out cheaper than the P&O flight.

Actually, when we booked with an agent for a cruise on Oceana, our flights were with BA. I have never booked a cruise through an agent and flown with a so-called "budget" airline.

Actually, when we booked with an agent for a cruise on Oceana, our flights were with BA. I have never booked a cruise through an agent and flown with a so-called "budget" airline.

I think it very much depends on the type of cruise you book. If you take a 'fly-cruise' holiday to the Caribbean for example, you are almost certainly going to fly on a charter flight, normally TUI or T Cook. Depends if you call these budget or not.

I think it very much depends on the type of cruise you book. If you take a 'fly-cruise' holiday to the Caribbean for example, you are almost certainly going to fly on a charter flight, normally TUI or T Cook. Depends if you call these budget or not.

Whereas the ones I am talking about booked through 'bucket shops' the flights were easyJet, Ryanair, and Veuling amongst others.

I would say Thomsons Dreamliner is better than BA and it is a lot cheaper to upgrade.

I would say Thomsons Dreamliner is better than BA and it is a lot cheaper to upgrade.
Lots of airlines use the 787 including TUI and BA, so can we please do away with the American marketing hyperbole about the aircraft. I agree, BA PE is no better than TUI Premium, but Virgin is better than both if them.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

Those 2 inches can make a lot of difference! We upgrade to premium whenever we can and have been very pleased with Thomsons. If we are going business class Emirates are very good on the leg from uk to Dubai but onward flights can be iffy depending on the plane used. Dubai to Delhi in Business was no better the PE on Thomsons.