return flight question

F19810

On weekends, there's a free shuttle to downtown Ft Lauderdale from/to airport - just for situations like this.

Good idea if all your luggage is checked in but we had our carry-on still and with luggage restrictions the way they are, we had a fair bit in them.

We also had no idea we'd end up with 4 hours of downtime. We wouldn't have been quite in such a rush if we had realised this!

Global Entry does not help when LEAVING. It is Global ENTRY.

But Global Entry does also give you TSA Pre Check that does help. Although, I have been through MIA in the early morning, and the Pre Check lines were not open.

Global Entry when cruising is used for faster clearing thru passport control. If you have Global Entry or Moblie Passport the line to go through passport control is short and quick. (And having global entry coming into the US from an international flight is certainly a time saver at airports.)

Global Entry does help when ENTERING the country and Port Everglades!

Yes, it is Global ENTRY.

The post I was replying to stated that Global Entry would get someone through airport security faster, INSIDE the US.

Global Entry when cruising is used for faster clearing thru passport control. If you have Global Entry or Moblie Passport the line to go through passport control is short and quick. (And having global entry coming into the US from an international flight is certainly a time saver at airports.)

Yes, but this thread is about boarding a flight from a US airport.

I have been Global Entry from the beginning (before they started giving out the cards). I managed 15 minutes stepping off the airplane to leaving customs at Dulles. Then I found out a colleague did it in 11 minutes.

And if you don't know, at Dulles, you get off your flight, go to a people carrier bus, to immigration and customs.

I have first class seats (it was cheaper than economy, go figure!). Maybe that will get me through checkin and security faster at the airport.

Most, if not all, airlines have a separate check-in line for premium passengers. Sometimes airports have a separate security line, sometimes not.

I believe that when flying First/Business Class you get to use the TSA Pre-Check line.

No. TSA Pre Check is not a product of what class of airline ticket you have. You can enroll specifically in PreCheck, get it as a byproduct of being enrolled in another trusted traveler program like Global Entry, or you can be randomly selected to get it. But it is not an automatic "perk" of having a first/business class ticket.

Global Entry does not help when LEAVING. It is Global ENTRY.

Yes, but this thread is about boarding a flight from a US airport.

Actually this thread is about both- entering the US upon arrival from a cruise AND departing from a US airport. You can use Global Entry to go through immigration/customs upon arrival at Port Everglades. (Note: It's been a year since I did, but at that time they did not have the actual Global Entry kiosks so you needed to have your actual Global Entry card with you, something not normally required when using Global Entry kiosks at the airport. Don't know if that's changed or not.) Subsequently, if you have GE you will have PreCheck, which can speed up the process of going through security at FLL (unless randomly selected to go through full security). Hence, the OP will benefit twice in this case by having GE.

Navigator will likely use the normal Terminal G for departure/arrival (new one for Symphony not slated to be finished till fall '18). I seem to remember self disembarking about 7:30 and with no traffic on Sunday you should arrive the airport by 8.

Thanks Biker19! I think we are going for it.

Actually this thread is about both- entering the US upon arrival from a cruise AND departing from a US airport. You can use Global Entry to go through immigration/customs upon arrival at Port Everglades. (Note: It's been a year since I did, but at that time they did not have the actual Global Entry kiosks so you needed to have your actual Global Entry card with you, something not normally required when using Global Entry kiosks at the airport. Don't know if that's changed or not.) Subsequently, if you have GE you will have PreCheck, which can speed up the process of going through security at FLL (unless randomly selected to go through full security). Hence, the OP will benefit twice in this case by having GE.

Yes, it will help you off the ship.

But, ONE MORE TIME, the post I was replying to, which I quoted, stated the Global Entry would help get through the AIRPORT OUTBOUND.

But I agree with what you are saying.

FYI, at Baltimore, there is no benefit returning from a cruise having Global Entry.

Yes, it will help you off the ship.

But, ONE MORE TIME, the post I was replying to, which I quoted, stated the Global Entry would help get through the AIRPORT OUTBOUND.

And as has been stated, it will help get you through the airport outbound, by way of proving you with TSA PreCheck.

Most, if not all, airlines have a separate check-in line for premium passengers. Sometimes airports have a separate security line, sometimes not.

No. TSA Pre Check is not a product of what class of airline ticket you have. You can enroll specifically in PreCheck, get it as a byproduct of being enrolled in another trusted traveler program like Global Entry, or you can be randomly selected to get it. But it is not an automatic "perk" of having a first/business class ticket.

Thanks Meg, but I was informed of my incorrect information back on page 1.