Whats With the Seasickness Patches I Saw on My Recent Cruise?

need2cruisesoon

I don't get it, these ships are very stable and any motion reduced by stabilizers but still saw many people with patches.

I could see it them being used in the Bering Sea or some small fishing boat but on a large cruise ship is it worth the trouble?

Like others have answered, some people are very susceptible to motion sickness. I get dizzy just thinking about it. This thread is even making me dizzy. :o As I get older, I get motion sickness in more instances, like sitting on the front passenger seat of a car, sitting on a swing, etc.

The patch is the only thing that works for me, and the only side effects I get are dry mouth and once, a bit of blurry vision, but not enough to be a problem.

Like others have answered, some people are very susceptible to motion sickness. I get dizzy just thinking about it. This thread is even making me dizzy. :o As I get older, I get motion sickness in more instances, like sitting on the front passenger seat of a car, sitting on a swing, etc.

The patch is the only thing that works for me, and the only side effects I get are dry mouth and once, a bit of blurry vision, but not enough to be a problem.

I read on another board that the patches are no longer being made.

I read on another board that the patches are no longer being made.

Yes, I saw that and panicked! :eek:

It seems that the generic version is now on the market. I don't know whether the original manufacturer will continue with them now as the generics should be much cheaper. However, thankfully!, it seems that the patches are still available :)

If using Bonnie or Dramamine, is it necessary to avoid alcohol? I bought a drink package and do suffer from motion sickness and need to decide what to purchase for a cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On my very first cruise, Liberty, I went to gym which was in front of ship. I had been in several small fishing boats, 50-60 foot ones. Well I got extremely sick from the motion the ship. Could’ve been the motion watching the waves got up and down from higher up in the gym or something else I don’t recall. I took Dramamine that day and was out for 18+ hours. All of the trips I’ve been on I have not noticed I’ve been sick. Some people like to think ahead just in case but I don’t like how Dramamine knocks me out. Also some people may think they need them so they take him in advance. But you are right stabilized to keep the ships fairly stable from a lot of motion.