QE headed for Vigo?

Froxfield

We are joining QE tomorrow travelling from Plymouth. Our original arrival advised time was 15:00, so presume now 16:00, I have heard nothing officially from Cunard.

Does anyone know the original departure time?

Regards

QE's originally scheduled departure time from Southampton tomorrow was 16:30.

One other source of information I forgot about until now is the Port of Southampton Cruise Ship Schedule found here.

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Cruise_Ship_Schedule/

That page has been updated to show QE arriving at the Ocean Terminal at 10:30 tomorrow (which is pretty much in line with what DarrenBG has reported from on board). Her departure time is shown as 18:30 which would be a two hour departure delay if that's accurate.

Regards, John

One of the reasons I was looking at QEs track yesterday was that we are joining the Canary Islands trip tomorrow. Thank you to all of you for providing information. We have had no direct contact from Cunard and wouldn't have thought about the Facebook and Southampton port postings without this board. Looks like a leisurely late morning departure from home!

I'm on board, and we've just had a update from the Captain - apparently, we've had more favourable weather conditions than expected in the last few hours, so should arrive in Soton about an hour late. This morning, we were told it would be 4 hours late, so good news for everyone boarding tomorrow.

Mary

I'm on board, and we've just had a update from the Captain - apparently, we've had more favourable weather conditions than expected in the last few hours, so should arrive in Soton about an hour late. This morning, we were told it would be 4 hours late, so good news for everyone boarding tomorrow.

Mary

Thanks, Mary. The Port of Southampton Cruise Ship Schedule has just been updated to reflect an earlier arrival time. It's now showing a 7:45 arrival time for QE tomorrow, but still showing an 18:30 departure time.

Regards, John

I can confirm what Mary has said - we have been told now that we are arriving only an hour late due to more favourable weather conditions

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can confirm what Mary has said - we have been told now that we are arriving only an hour late due to more favourable weather conditions

Regards

as of 2minutes ago at 1618 UTC she was 42 miles SW of Ushant at 23.3 knots with I suspect the benefit of tide around Ushant so she appears to be only about 1 hour behind, much will depend on Channel traffic at the Casquets TSS

We are joining QE tomorrow travelling from Plymouth. Our original arrival advised time was 15:00, so presume now 16:00, I have heard nothing officially from Cunard.

Does anyone know the original departure time?

Regards

I received a text from Cunard at 11.19am this morning notifying us of the delay. Just a little thing to note that if you choose to opt out of emails and phone communication on the privacy section of your Voyage Personaliser it may be that Cunard will not contact you regarding delays etc. Happy to be corrected if this is incorrect.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have been on board when the ship has arrived late, it's not much fun waiting to get off normally, even less so when delayed by a few hours.

This is also a good reminder to leave plenty of time after your cruise before booking any trains for flights.

as of 2minutes ago at 1618 UTC she was 42 miles SW of Ushant at 23.3 knots with I suspect the benefit of tide around Ushant so she appears to be only about 1 hour behind, much will depend on Channel traffic at the Casquets TSS

At least I'm learning a lot in the aftermath of the unfortunate medical incident that caused QE to deviate to Vigo. In particular, this post got me looking into what the "Casquets TSS" is all about. Right now as I'm watching her progress, it appears to me QE is actually taking a track to the north of both lanes of the Casquets TSS. She has been maintaining a speed of around 23 knots which bodes well for her arrival in Southampton tomorrow morning only an hour late if not earlier.

Regards, John

Edited by bluemarble

Another late change !! QE is docking at City Terminal not Ocean Terminal due to another ship that has broken-down blocking the entrance to dock 46...

It’s all going so smoothly [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Kind Regards.