Calling on all MSC regulars - I have a dilemma

Beamafar

Interesting that I found this thread as I have been discussing the very same issues with MSC on Messenger today. When they sent me the link for the T&C regarding the perks, I noticed the date was from July 2015. They said they would correct that immediately. Just off Seaside for 2 weeks in YC. First week, we each got a dinner in specialty restaurant. Second week, we were told only 1 black card dinner per cabin. Every cruise on Divina (13) we had 2 dinners, one for each of our black cards. I also pointed out the wording that it says a black card holder may invite a non black card member once and that meant I couldn't dine with hubby and vice verse. They haven't answered that comment yet. It seems to be very inconsistent across the board.

As usual, we've strayed from the original subject of the OP. However, as the thread-starter, I have no problems whatsoever with this. It's good to see that the thread is being read - hence your comment on the subject at hand.

Dave (Sidari) posted elsewhere that the "revised" (my word) dining benefit is from a notification to crew dated November last which he came across while on Seaside (have I got that right, Dave?). No announcements, no information anywhere informing us of this change.

We had had 2 evenings on Magnifica last October. We didn't bother going for a second evening on Orchestra in December as it was the same Asian-themed restaurant and we'd had enough. However, I saw a thread about the subject while onboard and asked the Cruise Consultant about it. He confirmed that, yes, the benefit could only be enjoyed once per cruise per cabin. He offered me another voucher so we could, indeed, enjoy a second night, but I graciously declined for the aforesaid reason. Now, I would have just turned up in the restaurant, had we decided to go a second time - as we have always previously done. I'm now curious as to what would have happened had we done so.

Bea ... You are correct what you say about November and the paperwork, I have emailed MSC today about the curious wording which to me says you cannot take another Black card holder to the meal, hence a partner! So far Silence!

Nikki ... We also got the room diffuser at Xmas on Seaside, we brought it home.

Bea ... You are correct what you say about November and the paperwork, I have emailed MSC today about the curious wording which to me says you cannot take another Black card holder to the meal, hence a partner! So far Silence!

Nikki ... We also got the room diffuser at Xmas on Seaside, we brought it home.

Thanks Dave

Believe it or not I stock up on them at Pier 1 whenever I am in the States...

I just love them!

Sad or what!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you spend 149€ will you earn 0 points or if you spend 299€ will you only get 100 points?

Exactly. I always keep an eye on my onboard spending. If it's close enough to an amount that qualifies for 100 points, I'll spend a little extra - usually in the logo shop - to make it up.

• 5 months later...

So ... still no sign of another, higher, tier being introduced soon. From discussions I'd had with different MSC employees some months ago, I'd been more convinced than before that a new tier was in the offing. You'd think I'd have learned by now!

Over time, I've made some suggestions of other things MSC could offer to Black Card members who sail more regularly than others, such as extra benefits for attaining different point levels such as 20,000, 30,000 etc etc. One other notion I've come up with is that MSC could have a 'competition' on each of their sailings to see who has the most points on that particular cruise and award them with a prize at the Black Card event. It would certainly make attending it more interesting. I believe something similar is done on other cruise lines (I watched a show on TV where Princess had a prize for those who'd sailed the most number of nights with them IIRC). Anyone agree, or have any other suggestions?

Bea ... Not sure how a new level or levels could work without taking some of the existing benefits and moving them to the new ones, yes that would mean less for the other existing levels as they stand now.

The problem is that if they were to do that and make those levels worth less would people still book ? MSC could bite the bullet of course and bring themselves into line of the other cruise lines where couples who cruise together are given the same benefit level instead of being at different ones due to who pays the bill at the end.

We like you are both now at Black level as Kerry has now caught up albeit that Kerry is behind on number of points due to bill payment etc.

What could they add to a new tier or tiers ? maybe a Free Deluxe drink package for the highest and the next one down for the second highest, Double points for OBS maybe after you pass a certain level of points, no status match above Black.