Some questions for wheelchair accessibilities Anthem

red devil

How difficult is it to get from curbside to ship with someone in a wheelchair?

Is there help to push chair?

Is there special line for check in?

Do you have to wait long to get on board and will they give you help?

When you drop off luggage do we get out there or is there another area for passenger drop off?

Thanks

How difficult is it to get from curbside to ship with someone in a wheelchair?

Is there help to push chair?

Is there special line for check in?

Do you have to wait long to get on board and will they give you help?

When you drop off luggage do we get out there or is there another area for passenger drop off?

Thanks

Just off Anthem and from what I saw during check in at Cape Liberty...It looked pretty easy, help offered, special line for check in but was surprised at how long that line actually was...lot's of wheelchairs and scooter's on my particular cruise Oct 12-21. Yes, when you drop off your luggage they will point you to the terminal door....even with a wheelchair that's where you enter and go towards your right for the accessible line.

There is a handicap drop off area at Cape Liberty. When you come into the port, a port worker directs people to open areas for drop off. If you tell him you have someone in a wheelchair, he will direct you to the farthest drop off area, which is right near the entrance of the terminal. You can drop off both people and luggage there and then have the driver go park the car. There is handicap parking on the first level of the garage.

We did not see a special check in line, but my DH was on a cane with a full leg brace and was ok to check in normally. There was a separate security line that was terribly slow because strollers go through that line too.

Not sure about help pushing chair. There is a good sized elevator right near the escalator. Port workers were great at directing us to the right place. There was a separate gangway that they were allowing those in wheelchairs to use on our sailing. We went the other way, so not sure if they helped or not.

Boarding had already started when we boarded at 10:45am that day so can't say much about wait. Our other sailing we waited until about 11am but we were in the C&A area on that sailing, so not sure where we would have been put had he been in the brace then.

I can probably help. My wife was in a wheelchair for the 10/12-10/21 cruise. How many people are there? for example is one wheelchair bound, and is one able to push. Once I get that answer, I'll be able to better answer your questions.

Yes, they will definitely have staff to help push the wheelchair onboard - however, if there are a lot of people needing assistance, there might be a long wait as they have only so many "helpers." Can't say for your cruise as there is no way of telling in advance what the need will be at the time you want to board.

I can probably help. My wife was in a wheelchair for the 10/12-10/21 cruise. How many people are there? for example is one wheelchair bound, and is one able to push. Once I get that answer, I'll be able to better answer your questions.

One in a chair one pusher.

Like others have said, there is a handicap drop-off area. The porters will guide you to that area. If you can push the person to your room, do NOT let yourself be herded to the handicap area in the terminal; that will just add 30 to 40 minutes to the process and it is not necessary. Just go right to the kiosks and check yourselves in. Once you check in, then go thru the security area.

At that point you are good to go on board. You will be directed to the elevators, go up to deck 5, and enter the ship. The elevator banks where you board the ship are usually pretty crowded. Instead of getting aggravated, go down past the Schooner Bar and use those elevators. It's a lot easier and way less crowded. Anything else, just ask. We've been on 3 different cruises with my wife in a wheelchair from Cape Liberty.