Allure - Suite Guarantee vs Current Booking (Ocean view balcony)

parkbr

Okay. So my TA got back to me. She said it's only available to the new bookings.

So now the question is to $350 more for an upgrade (plus more for gratuities) to Cat W.

Now you are on my edge of "worth it ness", but for a 7-day cruise, I'd still do the upgrade.

Guarantees are not available in every category and/or sailing.

Bob with all your knowledge hope you can help us. We have been given a Grand Loft suite on Ovation. We are elderly but still very able. Wonder if being very rear of ship will be a worry and the stairs in suite be a problem for us. It is such a wonderful suite and hope all will be O.K> just a wee bit worried. Many thanks for your reply Irene and Stan

Bob with all your knowledge hope you can help us. We have been given a Grand Loft suite on Ovation. We are elderly but still very able. Wonder if being very rear of ship will be a worry and the stairs in suite be a problem for us. It is such a wonderful suite and hope all will be O.K> just a wee bit worried. Many thanks for your reply Irene and Stan

It IS a long walk back and there ARE stairs in the suite.

Only you know how that will affect you.

There is a current promotion that if you book any Sea or Sky Class suites, i.e. JR Suite, the gratuities are included.

Since you are upgrading, you are essentially re-booking and you should qualify for this offer.

Upgrading is not rebooking.

The terms listed for the free grats promotion says that the cruise must be booked between September 1 and October 31.

Since the OP is only 6 weeks out, the family would lose a lot of money by cancelling and rebooking. If they don't rebook, they are eligible for the W at the current price but not the free grats.

Thank you all for your valuable comments.

I also believe I am at the borderline of upgrading / not upgrading. For us, it is like $450 because we pay in CAD. I was going to jump right on with free gratuities, but things are different, so I just need some time to think about it.

Also, another worry is being on deck 14, where people say it can be very noisy and I am little sensitive to the sound. My husband and our 3 yr old can sleep through a fire alarm...

But it's a bigger suite, bigger washroom, bigger balcony, and possibility of being upgraded to better than JS and possibilities of being other decks other than 14.

I am debating whether $350 is worth taking the chance.. (plus ~$70 more for gratuities for being in the suite.)

Sorry, I can't help you with Quantum class, but Carol (Merion Mom) has experience on that class and I trust her judgement.

Sorry, I can't help you with Quantum class, but Carol (Merion Mom) has experience on that class and I trust her judgement.

Thank you will try it and see a once in a lifetime opportunity.. Irene and Stan

Thank you all for your valuable comments.

I also believe I am at the borderline of upgrading / not upgrading. For us, it is like $450 because we pay in CAD. I was going to jump right on with free gratuities, but things are different, so I just need some time to think about it.

Also, another worry is being on deck 14, where people say it can be very noisy and I am little sensitive to the sound. My husband and our 3 yr old can sleep through a fire alarm...

But it's a bigger suite, bigger washroom, bigger balcony, and possibility of being upgraded to better than JS and possibilities of being other decks other than 14.

I am debating whether $350 is worth taking the chance.. (plus ~$70 more for gratuities for being in the suite.)

JS grats are the same as regular cabins. Higher rate doesn't kick in until GS. If you get a GS, you'll have access to Suite Lounge and this will more than offset that cost.

If you are assigned a JS, you can look on the website (or email me) and find one you like better. They'll let you switch. (This is based on availability, of course)

Hi,

I was reading regarding suites and saw Coastal Kitchen. I don't see it as a specialty restaurant... what is coastal kitchen? is it a special dining area? Does all junior suite go there for dinner? every night?

We're going with my parents and I wonder if us getting JS guarantee means that we have to dine separately.

Hi,

I was reading regarding suites and saw Coastal Kitchen. I don't see it as a specialty restaurant... what is coastal kitchen? is it a special dining area? Does all junior suite go there for dinner? every night?

We're going with my parents and I wonder if us getting JS guarantee means that we have to dine separately.

Coastal Kitchen is a specialty restaurant inside the Suite Lounge on Deck 17. It is available only to passengers in suites and Pinnacle Club members. Cruisers in Junior Suites have access only for dinner.

Coastal Kitchen is a specialty restaurant inside the Suite Lounge on Deck 17. It is available only to passengers in suites and Pinnacle Club members. Cruisers in Junior Suites have access only for dinner.

Can cruisers in JS go there for dinner every day? Is the menu different from Main Dining? Also, do we pay more for certain food? or everything is included?

Can cruisers in JS go there for dinner every day? Is the menu different from Main Dining? Also, do we pay more for certain food? or everything is included?

Different from MDR. It's like getting free specialty dining. New menu every night. Everything, IME, is included. You can even ask if they can make you something not on the menu, and they will usually say, we can get that for you tomorrow.

You may eat there as often as you like, or not at all. They MAY allow you to bring your parents as your guests. Ask nicely; outcomes have varied from ship to ship and from voyage to voyage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums