HAL Beverage Packages??

sbaker

We're new to Holland America, booked for the Westerdam in December. Does HAL offer beverage packages (i.e. unlimited soda and/or unlimited specialty non-alcoholic drinks)? If so, what are the prices? Thanks.

Welcome to HAL.

This should help you:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Beverage-Packages-for-Stateroom.pdf

Yes - they have the pop package -- I believe it was around $8.00.

I have ordered the "Quench" package for my upcoming cruise - I think I paid $17.95/day and it includes pop, water, speciality water (fizzy water like maybe Perrier or San Pellegrino?)), mocktails, juices and speciality coffees.

I thought that the price was quite reasonable considering all that it included. I estimate you would need to order maybe 4 things a day to break even. I didn't notice a limit on how many drinks you could get a day, but it does not include anything from the mini-bar in your room or drinks at Half Moon Cay.

I would post a link for you but I'm not the most computer savvy person...maybe a fellow poster will know how to do it.

SIGNATURE PACKAGES PRICING FOR THE PACKAGES LISTED BELOW VARIES BASED ON THE LENGTH OF THE ITINERARY. PLEASE CALL US AT 1-800-541-1576 (U.S. AND CANADA) OR VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT HOLLANDAMERICA.COM FOR PRICING.

Quench Beverage Package — enjoy unlimited mocktails, juices, bottled water, $20.64 per person, per day Explorations Café Beverages and sodas. This includes a souvenir cup that you can take home. Plus on ms Koningsdam, you get a Freestyle Coca-Cola cup to enjoy 100+ refreshing Coca-Cola flavors. Package must be purchased for the duration of the voyage

The above is a cut and paste from the HAL website. I believe the $20.64 amount includes the 15% service/tip/gratuity fee as well.

I know that I'll have at least a couple of the speciality coffees in the morning (the place where that is available is only a couple of doors away from my stateroom) and I know I enjoyed what I call a "slushie" at least a couple of times a day from the Pool bar (and I believe I paid around $4.50 for the non-alcoholic ones a couple of years ago). I will know in about two weeks how it works out - but at least it's pre-paid so the convenience alone is worth some to me.

Edited by Shih-tzu
Added a sentence or two...

I'd like to know about the signature beverage package and the quality of the red wine as the limit is $8.00 and there doesn't seem to be a big choice.

The limit is $9, but you are right---there isn't much choice of reds in the SBP. The elite package gives a wider choice, up to $15, but costs more in the first place.

cruising in June on the Eurodam with signature drink package. My question is on drinks that cost more than whats covered do you just pay the difference or the whole price.

For drinks more than $9 you pay the full price NOT just the difference.

• 6 months later...

Just went to the HAL website and they require everyone in the same stateroom to get the same package?!?

Well, that's just silly. My girlfriends and I have very different drink preferences and would naturally pay for what suits our own budgets or styles ... to say everyone in the same stateroom MUST get the same package is just plain idiotic!

Just went to the HAL website and they require everyone in the same stateroom to get the same package?!?

Well, that's just silly. My girlfriends and I have very different drink preferences and would naturally pay for what suits our own budgets or styles ... to say everyone in the same stateroom MUST get the same package is just plain idiotic!

Sorry -- but that is HAL's rules.

So you all need to decide on what package you all want to buy or just buy your drinks without a package.

Sorry -- but that is HAL's rules.

So you all need to decide on what package you all want to buy or just buy your drinks without a package.

Other cruise lines have the same requirement. They don't want one person getting the booze package and supplying the other with drinks.

My wife and I had to do this on the Pacific Princess last fall. We were doing a transatlantic from Venice to Ft Lauderdale. We have different preferences too and that didn't matter.

What was stupid was Princess tried block our soda choices. We purchased the ultimate package ( or what ever the top choice was called). All drinks, alcohol or no, should be available. We soon found out that the soft drinks had to come from the fountain. If it was in a can they wanted to charge us. We argued this point and was told a number of things. First was that we bought the package online. That was true but it was their offer which we agreed to and tendered payment for (that 's a contract). Then they said the package offer had changed since we bought ours. Not our problem. Then they said it was a new directive from Seattle. No matter who we spoke to we never got it changed. One funny thing about it was that we could get cans of Red Bull with the package but not a can of Fanta.