Regal Princess: Has Princess Corrected the Mistakes

stevenr597

I was amazed that the Regal never felt too crowded, considering the number of passengers and crew. Of course we were always up early and at the buffet for breakfast before 7 am. We ate in one of the anytime dining rooms the last three evenings, and each time we were seated immediately. In fact it stayed pretty empty our entire meal. Everytime we went to the International Cafe, we never had a problem finding a seat nearby. I had a week pass for the Enclave and used it at least once a day. I never saw more than 10 people in there and often there would be just a couple of us. I used the hot tubs at the Retreat Pool. While they stayed busy, you didn't have to wait for someone to leave before you could get in.

Yes the balconies are the smallest I've seen, but it was adequate for our needs.

Royal wasn't too bad for a balcony dinner. They set the table by the balcony rail and there was enough space for service and to go in and out of the cabin if you wished.

It doesn't sound like you were in a cabin with a standard size balcony. The one we had on our first Royal cruise was so narrow that if I were facing the ocean with my legs up on the rail I would have to move to let my wife get by behind me.

I would love to see a photo of people eating dinner on a "typical" small Royal balcony.

speaking of UBD. i had it in my mini last week. even if the weather was nice i dont know if id want it on the balcony. you would literally be locked in if you were the 'rear' guest. impossible to get up or move out of position should the need arise. and cannot imagine him serving us out there. very awkward.

also no clue how they would take any pics of us together since it would be impossible to do the same poses she had us do