Live Grandeur 10/28/17- 12 day Baltimore/S. Caribbean

DaisyL

Voom was just churning last night couldn't post or even check my mail. Ok so far this morning.

Spoke too soon, cannot post a photo... Later...

We were ready for 8 pm dinner before 7 so we decided to go to the atrium for a drink. Not to be, too crowded and nowhere to sit. Went to Schooner Bar, too crowded and doing trivia or something. The lounge past that was reserved for diamond club, which we're not.

Up to Viking Crown Lounge but we thought it was in the front. Walked all the way there, took elevator to whatever but would have had to walk outside all the way to the back. Walked down a flight and took the wrong elevators that only went to deck 9 or something.... I can't walk up 2 flights of stairs but them remembered you need to take the glass elevator..... Whew... What a workout for a martini! It took us a half hour in total... If you see 2 dummies in their 60s wandering around... It's us!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

c906542acf061e91d7058408afd29034.jpg

Forgot to take a photo of my Beef Tenderloin but it was the best I ever had in a main dining room. This is the 2nd serving of our friends ravioli. The waiter (and us) talked him into having the extra serving. He's a big, young guy and looked like he needed it.

Our luggage did not fit under the bed, so we had space in the cabin for them.3bf78bd7bc61c40c40d602e2dc631812.jpg85c85da162bbafe41b8d465f36c0a63e.jpg

The doors kept closing because of the rockiness. There's a set of 3 drawers inside the closet, but they keep opening up when the ship sways.

She drives a wheelchair and may have a blue flower on the back of it. She's always out and about. I posted some info for a reminder on the trip thread. Maybe you can help with locating my trivia partners. Thanks.

Evie

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

Ok, will try Evie.

I am so happy I found this post. Our family is taking this cruise over Christmas/New Year. This is our first RC cruise. I found a different post saying some very negative things and that really scared me. Your posts have been very comforting and reassuring. I will be following along. Could you please tell me which nights are formal nights on your cruise? I haven't been able to find that information. Thanks!

I am so happy I found this post. Our family is taking this cruise over Christmas/New Year. This is our first RC cruise. I found a different post saying some very negative things and that really scared me. Your posts have been very comforting and reassuring. I will be following along. Could you please tell me which nights are formal nights on your cruise? I haven't been able to find that information. Thanks!

Are you talking about someone else that is on Grandeur right now? If so, I saw that and read about 2 sentences and moved on.

Before we sailed on Adventure a couple years ago I just couldn't believe the differences of opinions on conditions of the ship or how the service and food was on the ship, etc. We loved the ship and the entire vacation!

DH and I have a good time no matter what. You're on vacation, and for us that means we're not at work. :D

What is your cabin number? I must have missed it. I can say your JS looks a lot nicer than the one we had on that ship a few years ago. And no pole! I may want to go back on again.

Thanks, Hal

I'll post it when we get back. The first cabin that we booked had the pole but I switched it to one without. My brother's JS has the pole, lots of jokes about it.

There's a list of the cabins with a post. Maybe do a search.

The ship is old but clean and well taken care of. The crew and service are phenomenal. And the food excellent so far.

For this 12 night the first formal was the first sea day, yesterday, and I heard the second is the second to last night. I'll let you know. Men wore suits, shirt and tie, sport coat or polo shirts. Women wore dressy gowns or cocktail dresses, pants ensembles, or nice capris. No jeans or shorts. FYI, Everyone looked neat.

Woke up at 1am to use the bathroom and although it flushed, the toilet didn't fill. No water out of the faucet either. By coincidence my brother also flushed his toilet during the night but the water was brown. Ran the faucet, the water was clear but toilet flushed again brown. All was good in both cabins this morning. IDK, maybe maintenance? We're towards the aft and they're middle, same deck, starboard.

The crew is constantly clearing dirty dishes and glasses, and asking if we want anything.

What’s the price on drink of the day these days?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Drink of the day is $8 plus 18% gratuity

Martini of the day is$9.75 plus gratuity

They also sell a 10 drink card for $79. Good deal for more expensive drinks or wine, $12 or under; coladas, martinis, B52s, etc. Had a Mango Lava Flow today...yum. They were advertising Pineapple Lava flows, looked good. I like Miami Vice too.

Thank you for the live review. I love the Grandeur!

And I thought I would mention that we have had a JS with the pole and it really isn't anything to worry about. It did not bother us at all. We didn't find it to be in the way and would have no problem with a room that has the pole.

Enjoy!

Drink of the day is $8 plus 18% gratuity

Martini of the day is$9.75 plus gratuity

They also sell a 10 drink card for $79. Good deal for more expensive drinks or wine, $12 or under; coladas, martinis, B52s, etc. Had a Mango Lava Flow today...yum. They were advertising Pineapple Lava flows, looked good. I like Miami Vice too.

Yay! So happy to hear it is $79. I heard that on some sailings it was getting close to $100.

Do you know if they add the gratuity on top of the drink card price? There have been some accounts of it being adding and others that it was included. I remember it being included 2 Years ago on another ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums