Live Grandeur 10/28/17- 12 day Baltimore/S. Caribbean

DaisyL

Love the Schooner Bar with JR the piano player. He's so good and entertaining. BTW, our group has been named the B52s now and the bar staff hopes they have enough Baily's and Kahlua for us... Arggghhh, we're bad.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How is it sailing out of Baltimore? That would be driveable for us. I may have missed it but what are your ports?

Sailing out of Baltimore is great! Arrival and departure process very smooth. You can park at the port, or book a nearby hotel that has parking for your car and shuttles both ways.

Try it, you'll like it!

How is it sailing out of Baltimore? That would be driveable for us. I may have missed it but what are your ports?

As others have said very easy arriving at the port, dropping off luggage, parking and short walk. We arrived the day before and stayed in the White Marsh area. We had a 20 min drive, arriving at 10:15 and stepped on the ship at 11 am. Windjammer opened at 11:15 and rooms at 1 pm. Easiest ever!

As others have said very easy arriving at the port, dropping off luggage, parking and short walk. We arrived the day before and stayed in the White Marsh area. We had a 20 min drive, arriving at 10:15 and stepped on the ship at 11 am. Windjammer opened at 11:15 and rooms at 1 pm. Easiest ever!

Wow that sounds great. We are staying at the BW ELKRIDGE. We are hoping to shuttle in for around 10am as well. I guess smaller ship makes faster boarding. Normally takes us about 2 hours. Or maybe they have good staff and have improved the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Someone asked: the Solarium roof is open a little today while we're docked in Antigua. Gorgeous day.

Is the roof not opened the entire time you are in nice weather? Looking online, it looked like the weather for Antigua when you were there was over 75, does that not warrant opening things up? It was my impression that it would remain closed while the ship moves south from Baltimore. I would have thought that by the time you reached Florida, it would open and stay that way for the entire trip, up to the point that you return north. Is this not true?

Great updates, please keep them coming.

Jeff

The ports are Antigua, Barbados, St. Lucia, Martinique and St. Kitts. We were supposed to have St. Thomas and St. Marten but they were substituted with Barbados and Martinique.

Delta blue didn't show up to the M&M so I'm not sure who she is but I can figure it out. I'll try.

I’m on the ship now too and DeltaBlue was at the M&M, but had to leave early.

I didn’t recognize almost all of the screen names of those who won the gifts....I guess they didn’t post much or were just lurkers.

I just saw you were doing a live review this morning after checking out CC. Have to go back through the posts to catch up and see what I might have missed.

You are doing a great job....

Gwen [emoji3]

Our luggage did not fit under the bed, so we had space in the cabin for them.3bf78bd7bc61c40c40d602e2dc631812.jpg85c85da162bbafe41b8d465f36c0a63e.jpg

The doors kept closing because of the rockiness. There's a set of 3 drawers inside the closet, but they keep opening up when the ship sways.

If you ever get a chance to book a JS again, try for a corner aft on deck 7 only....they have walk-in-closets to die for. It was almost bigger than the bathroom. I booked it for our 50th anniversary 2 yrs ago. Also had a nice big balcony.

Gwen [emoji3]

I’m on the ship now too and DeltaBlue was at the M&M, but had to leave early.

I didn’t recognize almost all of the screen names of those who won the gifts....I guess they didn’t post much or were just lurkers.

I just saw you were doing a live review this morning after checking out CC. Have to go back through the posts to catch up and see what I might have missed.

You are doing a great job....

Gwen [emoji3]

Thanks Gwen, we had since run into DeltaBlue and talked a long time. What a wonderful lady! Hope to meet you too...we're at the schooner bar every night after second seating dinner, known as the B52s from NY, group of 7, because we drink so many of them...lol. Just ask the waiters...they'll know.

I'll be honest, I was surprised how much storage we have in our JS but will check out the corner afts for next time. Love the aft cabins anyway. My brother's JS has the pole at the foot of the bed. It's worth it just for the jokes...lots of laughs.

We booked Anthem, 12 night for March 2019 (our homeport) on board a few days ago, but certainly look forward to cruising on Grandeur again.

Nice meeting you through the roll call. I didn't post much but checked in everyday. Come say hello and have a B52 with us.

Yesterday was Barbados...just walked around looking for our Pandora beads. We walked to the main terminal but there's shuttle buses also. The terminal is not AC so, so hot.the shops, most of them were. Didn't have our beads so took a taxi into town and found them there. The taxi drivers were not as pushy as in Antigua and set $2 p/p each way. Took a taxi back to the terminal and shuttle to the ship.

It was so hot...probably the worst ever and we've. Been to the Caribbean many times, all different months, even in July but it was bad. CD warned us to keep hydrated, and he was right.

Went to the first Production Show last night; 7pm for late dinner crowd. Broadway Rhythm and Rhymes; song , dance, and live orchestra. This was their very first show on the ship, for a 6 month stint. I'll be honest, not the best production show we've seen, but we enjoyed it. Yay, to them. They looked like they had a good time. We'll certainly go to their other shows this cruise.

Thanks Gwen, we had since run into DeltaBlue and talked a long time. What a wonderful lady! Hope to meet you too...we're at the schooner bar every night after second seating dinner, known as the B52s from NY, group of 7, because we drink so many of them...lol. Just ask the waiters...they'll know.

I'll be honest, I was surprised how much storage we have in our JS but will check out the corner afts for next time. Love the aft cabins anyway. My brother's JS has the pole at the foot of the bed. It's worth it just for the jokes...lots of laughs.

We booked Anthem, 12 night for March 2019 (our homeport) on board a few days ago, but certainly look forward to cruising on Grandeur again.

Nice meeting you through the roll call. I didn't post much but checked in everyday. Come say hello and have a B52 with us.

Just remember, only the corner aft JS cabins on deck 7 have the walk in closets.

Gwen [emoji3]