Live Grandeur 10/28/17- 12 day Baltimore/S. Caribbean

DaisyL

A little off topic, but I was just sent information some might want to know. RCI will be opening up their 2019-2020 Caribbean bookings starting November 13th and into December 11th for other itineraries. Jumping the gun a little?

As part of this announcement they've said that all four Oasis Class ships will be running out of Florida from different ports in 2019.

Ok the S.Pacific Lounge, makes sense largest are and on Deck 6 aft. BTW... what C&A status are you DaisyL ? We're D+ can you tell us if they're using any overflow rooms based on how many are diamond, D+ and Pinnacle on your cruise please?

Makes sense on the motion it's only 74,000 tons and by standards there will be more motion felt. If it goes into a storm there's going to be significant motion felt. Hey at least it's no longer hurricane season !

Been enjoying your recount of daily activities as well, I'm sure this goes for many others too.

T Y !

Thank you...I'm really enjoying this too.

We've cruised on a variety of size ships from 40k tons (maybe smaller) going to Bermuda up to Anthem and Breakaway. We've experienced from very rocky to smooth as glass, in the past. Looking forward to Oasis class sometime, just once.

We've been on over 25 cruises but on several cruise lines. This is only our 6th RCI cruise and we'll be Emerald after this cruise and Diamond after our next cruise...can't wait.

My brother and his wife are Diamond and the first sea day when it was rocky and windy, there was nowhere to get a drink and sit. We went into the South Pacific lounge with them, which turned out to be Diamond and above lounge all cruise, and sat way in the back. It was fairly empty but my SIL explained we were with them and that there was not anywhere to sit at any of the lounges. We were good guests and that was the only day we sat there.

The CC, M&M had over 200 in attendance and many were Pinacle and certainly Diamond and plus. Apparently many repeat cruisers on Grandeur. We can see why and agree.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sent by jtsongas

They just cleared the Viking Crown Lounge / Concierge Lounge and there is a helicopter coming to remove someone from the ship. I have yet to hear anything solid but appendicitis has been tossed around.

Our friend said all the upper decks and lounges were cleared. The helicopter made 2 rounds, first to drop the basket and the second to pick it up, he thought from the upper pool deck.

We hope the best for the passenger and family. I can't even imagine.

A little off topic, but I was just sent information some might want to know. RCI will be opening up their 2019-2020 Caribbean bookings starting November 13th and into December 11th for other itineraries. Jumping the gun a little?

As part of this announcement they've said that all four Oasis Class ships will be running out of Florida from different ports in 2019.

Thanks for the info... By all means. We booked our 2019 cruise on this ship....yeah!

Our friend said all the upper decks and lounges were cleared. The helicopter made 2 rounds, first to drop the basket and the second to pick it up, he thought from the upper pool deck.

We hope the best for the passenger and family. I can't even imagine.

Last I heard, he was fine. :D I assisted with coordinating this rescue today and just swung by to see if there was any chatter. Another save for our Air Force rescue crews. :)

Where actually was the ship when the airlift took place?

DaisyL again thank you for keeping everyone informed.

As a Cruise Agent I already took note from information I received from RCI today that the Grandeur will still be doing her Baltimore runs into the beginning of 2019, at least.

Where actually was the ship when the airlift took place?

DaisyL again thank you for keeping everyone informed.

As a Cruise Agent I already took note from information I received from RCI today that the Grandeur will still be doing her Baltimore runs into the beginning of 2019, at least.

Approximately 600nm east of the Florida coast. Probably a little less. We sent out 2 helos with 2 C-130s to refuel them on the way out and back. I don't have the exact location as a) I'm off shift, and b) we haven't gotten the final report with that info from the units yet. I'm surprised the 'you don't know what you're talking about, little lady! Helos don't fly that far!' brigade hasn't shown up yet, as is the standard. :-D

Last I heard, he was fine. :D I assisted with coordinating this rescue today and just swung by to see if there was any chatter. Another save for our Air Force rescue crews. :)

Thanks for letting us know. Great rescue and certainly glad he's doing fine!

Approximately 600nm east of the Florida coast. Probably a little less. We sent out 2 helos with 2 C-130s to refuel them on the way out and back. I don't have the exact location as a) I'm off shift, and b) we haven't gotten the final report with that info from the units yet. I'm surprised the 'you don't know what you're talking about, little lady! Helos don't fly that far!' brigade hasn't shown up yet, as is the standard. :-D

Thanks, for setting us straight.

Sorry we haven't been doing anything too interesting. Just enjoying the ship, service, meals, people, drinks...everything! Can't wait to come on this ship another time. Loved it!

I know we're boring but went to the Schooner bar again after dinner to enjoy JRs music and piano playing and our favorite bar waiter Nenad is there too.

We now have a friendly banter with another group at the Schooner bar, the Fireballs, and us the B-52s. So much fun!

For those interested Rock-a-roki and Karaoke Competition was last night too. Sounded like they were having a great time!

DaisyL: Thanks for starting this thread. We are also on this cruise. Enjoy following your reviews and reading your posts. The pictures are outstanding.

Dennis

Hi Dennis, thanks a lot. Have you seen (or heard) us?

If you do tonight, please say hello... We'll be in the Schooner...ask for the B52s, they'll know who we are.

I never did this before and we're pretty boring overall but love to talk to people.

Dianne

Thanks for posting, DaisyL. We have a 12-day on Grandeur booked for early spring and it may be our last cruise for some time. Looking forward to taking another look at this thread again. :cool:

Wow fantastic! You couldn't pick a better ship and itinerary.

If you have any questions, just ask. I saved the compass everyday, so I can go back and look too.

Wow fantastic! You couldn't pick a better ship and itinerary.

If you have any questions, just ask. I saved the compass everyday, so I can go back and look too.

What day was the drink card advertised in the compass?

I’m planning on asking at the first bar that opens but just incase, I was wondering.

I’ve mulled around the idea of a drink package for the hubby but decided to buy him a new iPad instead and just buy maybe 2 drink cards. We spend all day in the ports so I don’t think we could make the package worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last night before the late dinner they had a really nice presentation and show in the atrium depicting all the nationalities on board. Couldn't get any pix ...too crowded, but a must see.

Our last night in Schooner didn't disappoint...fantastic piano and the service was great and fun...as it was all cruise.

So it's a bittersweet ending to a wonderful cruise. Made some new friends, passengers and crew, and had a great time with friends and family.