Live Grandeur 10/28/17- 12 day Baltimore/S. Caribbean

DaisyL

Daisy - great reviews so far! Thanks! We are doing this exact cruise in February. There will be six of us and one couple is getting married on the ship!!

I am interested in whether they change out some of your stops due to the previous hurricanes.

Thank you for this great review. We are on Grandeur in January. Do you know if the Drink of the Day is included in the Deluxe drink package? Or like the special drinks on Coco Cay, is it an extra charge? Appreciate the info!

All drinks up to the package limit ($12 or $13) are included in the drink package, including on Coco Cay. The only exception is a drink in a souvenir cup, which is not included. So, in Coco Cay, if you cannot find a roving bar server with drinks in regular cups, you may have to go to a bar to get a drink.

Thanks Daisy for taking us along with you!!

You're helping make the time go quicker till we board the Grandeur on the 18th Nov. We'll be celebrating out 45th Anniversary along with our two adult children.

Keep up the great review and have fun!!

Donna

All drinks up to the package limit ($12 or $13) are included in the drink package, including on Coco Cay. The only exception is a drink in a souvenir cup, which is not included. So, in Coco Cay, if you cannot find a roving bar server with drinks in regular cups, you may have to go to a bar to get a drink.

thanks for your information as always Bob-I think I do remember now that Coco Cay drinks in the pineapples were extra, but we could get regular drinks at the bar on our Deluxe Package. I think Daisy showed that the Drinks of the Day are in little bucket souvenir cups, so maybe they are additional. I'll find out in January!

Ugh, Can you tell how we can't wait for this trip? Our original 25th anniversary trip in early Oct had to be canceled due to the overactive hurricane season. But I'm super excited that we rebooked a cruise!

thanks for your information as always Bob-I think I do remember now that Coco Cay drinks in the pineapples were extra, but we could get regular drinks at the bar on our Deluxe Package. I think Daisy showed that the Drinks of the Day are in little bucket souvenir cups, so maybe they are additional. I'll find out in January!

Ugh, Can you tell how we can't wait for this trip? Our original 25th anniversary trip in early Oct had to be canceled due to the overactive hurricane season. But I'm super excited that we rebooked a cruise!

Didn't ask about the price of the Pineapple Lava Flow in the pineapples. But the Drink Specials in the beach buckets are $8, so they are included. The Cosmos were a special yesterday...Yum!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

87265501b946f13085038f11138a1100.jpg

Atrium before dinner with the band playing Caribbean music.

I love that band. The guy all the way in the back was so super nice. Had a little stuffed rabbit my granddaughter gave me that he brought up on stage and sat him on a stool during his set. If you know about Flat Stanley, we had Felix the Rabbit who had to have pix taken and report back to school on his travels. Our waiters even brought him special desserts which I graciously ate. You can tell they have kids and miss them very much so they had fun with it. Great crew and officers as well.

Evie

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

I love that band. The guy all the way in the back was so super nice. Had a little stuffed rabbit my granddaughter gave me that he brought up on stage and sat him on a stool during his set. If you know about Flat Stanley, we had Felix the Rabbit who had to have pix taken and report back to school on his travels. Our waiters even brought him special desserts which I graciously ate. You can tell they have kids and miss them very much so they had fun with it. Great crew and officers as well.

Evie

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

Wow, that's fantastic. They certainly go the extra mile. And yes we're familiar Flat Stanly, so great the crew really gets into it too.

Our first RCL cruise was with our grandson, 2-1/2 yrs old. The crew fussed over him all the time. He was in his glory.

Sometimes VOOM is wonky. I had posted a long paragraph and it never showed up.

Menu from last night.8115f805208ecedf55551ca4c0d17c60.jpg

I didn't take food pix last night....do you want me to take pix of food? We only dine in the main dining room for dinner each night and the buffet or park cafe for breakfast and lunch.

Sometimes VOOM is wonky. I had posted a long paragraph and it never showed up.

Menu from last night.8115f805208ecedf55551ca4c0d17c60.jpg

I didn't take food pix last night....do you want me to take pix of food? We only dine in the main dining room for dinner each night and the buffet or park cafe for breakfast and lunch.

Would really appreciate that!

Jeff

Yes, I enjoy the food pictures. I enjoy all of your posts.

Any highlights from buffet?

We have similar habits. We do buffet for breakfast and lunch. Park cafe or room service for lunch. Sometimes we do check out the dining room if the menu looks good. I like to check it out in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Any highlights from buffet?

We have similar habits. We do buffet for breakfast and lunch. Park cafe or room service for lunch. Sometimes we do check out the dining room if the menu looks good. I like to check it out in advance.

The buffet has all the usual offerings...hot dishes that change daily, hamburgers, hot dogs, sautéed onions, sautéed mushrooms, and fries, which quite honestly very good. A different carved meat everyday, yesterday was turkey so I made my own sandwich on focaccia bread, yum. Pizza of the frozen type but ok, pasta with different sauces and the usual make your own salads. To me the cold cuts look funky, definitely not Boars Head, lol. Great breads and rolls but the meat salads don't look good to me. Runny chicken salad, fish salad...yuk, what's that's? Pork salad one day,huh? Today vegetable salad that looked like creamed spinach. Anthem had really good tuna, chicken, egg salads, etc. and a cheese tray, to die for. Today they were offering made to order dessert crepes in the buffet.

All the usual buffet offerings for breakfast and made to order eggs and omelettes. I was looking for lox to have on a bagel with cream cheese. Asked someone and he goes to a drawer behind the counter and serves you....worked for me, but don't tell anyone because I don't want them to stop. Hot cereals, cold cereals, muesli, toppings, even some Asian foods like fried rice. There's a gluten free counter too, and egg beaters and egg whites, scrambled.

Love the Parc Cafe but it doesn't open until 3 pm today because it's a port day. I'll take pix at some point. Had a sealed container salad, 3 shrimp on spicy Asian noodles and salad...wow that was good. They offered the fresh sliced roast beef sandwiches, 2 soups, pre made sandwiches and others that needed to be grilled. Also made to order salads. All looked very good.

The buffet has all the usual offerings...hot dishes that change daily, hamburgers, hot dogs, sautéed onions, sautéed mushrooms, and fries, which quite honestly very good. A different carved meat everyday, yesterday was turkey so I made my own sandwich on focaccia bread, yum. Pizza of the frozen type but ok, pasta with different sauces and the usual make your own salads. To me the cold cuts look funky, definitely not Boars Head, lol. Great breads and rolls but the meat salads don't look good to me. Runny chicken salad, fish salad...yuk, what's that's? Pork salad one day,huh? Today vegetable salad that looked like creamed spinach. Anthem had really good tuna, chicken, egg salads, etc. and a cheese tray, to die for. Today they were offering made to order dessert crepes in the buffet.

All the usual buffet offerings for breakfast and made to order eggs and omelettes. I was looking for lox to have on a bagel with cream cheese. Asked someone and he goes to a drawer behind the counter and serves you....worked for me, but don't tell anyone because I don't want them to stop. Hot cereals, cold cereals, muesli, toppings, even some Asian foods like fried rice. There's a gluten free counter too, and egg beaters and egg whites, scrambled.

Thanks!! Cheese buffet sounds great!

I always order the cheese plate at dessert and bring to my room for snacking. That’s why sometimes I go to the dining room at lunch. The wait is always minimal and they always have nice fresh feta and Parmesan to go on made to order salads. I don’t know if Grandeur has it but the other 4 ships of varying classes I’ve been on did.

Thanks!! Cheese buffet sounds great!

I always order the cheese plate at dessert and bring to my room for snacking. That’s why sometimes I go to the dining room at lunch. The wait is always minimal and they always have nice fresh feta and Parmesan to go on made to order salads. I don’t know if Grandeur has it but the other 4 ships of varying classes I’ve been on did.

Well I mean the cheese buffet would be great if they had it lol

3775d3262d9636bc9ea09e723c78bd6a.jpg We assembled this centerpiece at a table in the atrium. We brought it with us for our 9 yr. old niece but the family had to cancel so we decided to do it anyway. It's a kit for 6 and up and should take an hour. Well, 4 adults took 2 hrs but in our defense, there may have been liquor involved.

We were going to leave it anyway, but our assistant waitress loved it and took it to her cabin. We brought little bags that we filled with candy, and stickers and spiders and everyone had fun. We gave our waiter, asst. waitress and the head waiter a bag of candy each too.