Live Grandeur 10/28/17- 12 day Baltimore/S. Caribbean

DaisyL

We went for it and just booked the 12 night Cape Liberty to S. Caribbean, on Anthem, March 2019. Yes it's 1.5 years away but looking forward to it. Our current group of 7 booked also and hoping others will join us.

It's our homeport only 1.25 hrs away...love it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am enjoying all of your posts. Thank you so much.Getting excited for our cruise in March. Are you doing any excursions?

BTW...did you know there is another CC member on your cruise who is also posting a live review and has nothing but negative comments and is miserable? ...go figure:rolleyes:.

I am enjoying all of your posts. Thank you so much.Getting excited for our cruise in March. Are you doing any excursions?

BTW...did you know there is another CC member on your cruise who is also posting a live review and has nothing but negative comments and is miserable? ...go figure:rolleyes:.

I cannot locate on the RCCL threads or roll calls for Grandeur. Can you copy link and paste it here. Thanks. I would greatly appreciate it. Or I can drive down Street Rd and meet you. LOL, just noticed your location.

Evie

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

I cannot locate on the RCCL threads or roll calls for Grandeur. Can you copy link and paste it here. Thanks. I would greatly appreciate it. Or I can drive down Street Rd and meet you. LOL, just noticed your location.

Evie

Here it is!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2559232

Ok, I'll just continue...having a great time! Service is probably the best ever and the meals in the main dining room is better than our last Anthem cruise. Don't get me wrong, loved our cruises on Anthem too.

Excellent review

Did your cruise planner have a discount for the surf and stream package?

I’m trying to determine if discounts are offered on TA sailings. Thank you

Thank you so much, you and everyone here.

My husband got the Drink Package with VOOM and I purchased the Drink Package each with 25% discounts. We only use one device at a time so it works for us.

Keep checking the packages because the discounts changed and if you see a better deal, you can call to get it changed.

Question: what do you stream? We only play music using our Sirius (sp) and it works fine. My only complaint is that VOOM is spotty, last night it wouldn't let me post more pictures to CC so I gave up. Working fine now, I guess because most are sleeping.

Enjoying your posts. Especially interested in your port day observations.

Sent from my H1611 using Forums mobile app

Thank you. We only booked one excursion, St. Kitts, because we've been to all the islands before and took excursions, some several times.

But my SIL and I search out our Pandora beads so we can get one from each island. Each shop, in the US too, will sell some beads just for that particular island or city. Key West, for example, has a Mile Marker Zero bead, love it. Got the Maryland crab bead in a shop in the mall during our overnight before the cruise.

As far as the condition of Antigua, it didn't look worse for the wear after the hurricanes in the area. You can see the palm trees still intact in my photos. We have to say the town looked a little more weatherbeaten than the last time we were there.

Our friend took an excursion to the beach with tour and they only spoke about a big hurricane in 1999 and the volcano eruption.

We think the solicitors were really a bit much for taxi tours but we expect that. But when you have groups standing around asking and one after another ask it's a little tiresome. Did you not hear me say No, thank you one second ago? And they do follow you down a pathway, etc. and we have 2 large football player size guys and my DH only a little smaller; you think they would get the hint. Had to get nail polish remover in a little convenience store, and one person was bothering my SIL. They don't do that in the big jewelry stores.

Funny, our friend was even solicited while in the water, neck deep, at the beach. He was, Really? Lol. Of course on the beach it was really bad, they couldn't even relax without being interrupted.

So there you go....same old but maybe worse.

Today is day 6 Barbados. Our friends will be taking a tour but we will be in search of Pandora.

Last time we were in Barbados, there was some type of rally for upcoming elections. Crowds and crowds of people and makes me nervous wherever I am. Got caught up in a massive parade in NYC once, going to a show and dinner with our young son at the time, very nervous... And NYC is our hometown. Anyway, no problems that time just lots of traffic. Good thing we were on a ship excursion because we were late coming back and the ship waited.

Thanks for posting live. Love Lady "G" and crew. Lots of great memories. If you see Deltablue, tell her Evie said hi and she was going to look for some cruisers I met and get info for me or their address. Thanks.

Evie

Met up with Deltablue yesterday and spoke a while. What a wonderful lady and she knows everyone, crew and passengers. I would cruise on Grandeur again just to be on the same cruise.

I did convey your message, Evie, which she was aware of but had not seen them yet.

As we walked into the dining room, there she was at a big table. She asked if we would like to join her, but we have 7 in our group of family and friends. How nice!