Breakaway Semi Live: Oct 29 - Oct 5, 17 Halloween Storm Special, Take #2

mking8288

Sea Day 6 was "Oriental" (an "offensive" term & outdated, considered by many not to be PC) or, Asian Night in the Buffet (with the ice carving & red lanterns, etc.), another one was Italian Night ... Day 7, was Grills (BBQ).

The Moderno themed (no upcharge) wasn't done daily -our sailing wasn't really full beyond double occupancy, there're lots of solo in non-solo cabins, some did discounted upgrade (apparently) - just check yours for that week onboard to see, as they might vary it.

Oh, the free Hot Dog Cart was spotted on Deck 7, midship near O'Sheehan's during the week & once near Le Bistro on Deck 6.

So it sounds like they changed "American" night to "Grills"? That would make sense as that is how they described it on the table tent as I recall. I thought "American" night was kind of a funny name.

• 1 month later...
Great review!

I agree, Margaritaville should revert back to Uptown Grill....

perhaps when NCL's contract with Jimmy Buffet ends, it will...

I noticed the previous 'celebrity' contracts on the Breakaway have gone away...

The Rockette's....The Cake Boss Buddy Valasto's Carlo's....and Iron Chef Geoff Zakarian....all gone...as well as the Nickelodeon character's....

What no more Carlo's Bakery?

Wow, that's a review. And I still won't say hi to you when I see you.

Because i STILL don't know what you look like.

Otherwise, I'm pretty friendly. I'll start it off. This is me (and Daniel). Say hi if you see us! :)

25361600768_36d7df2fb2_k.jpgDSC_0127 by sjbdtz, on Flickr"]25361600768_36d7df2fb2_k.jpg[/url]

Stephen & Daniel

• 3 weeks later...
Wow, that's a review ... Say hi if you see us! :)

Stephen & Daniel

OK, will do - when our paths cross on a cruise in the future, especially when we spot familiar names on the Roll Call.

Thank you so so much for the awesome walkthrough and review!

Ditto, you are welcomed - it's good that CC members are looking up recent & older reviews to get insights on how to expect, etc. even when the BA is going to dry dock soon and leaving her NYC home port this year.

Here's another "gift" for all, a bonus video on GSC (Great Stirrup Cay) in our collection - a short 1 minute MP4 clip (sorry about the background notice/chit-chat since we're sitting in the crowded buffet) about tender operations - with the "large" double decker boat(s) returning around midday, which was mostly empty - on a clear, sunny day and fairly "calm" sea conditions, not really windy. As with any vessels at sea, it will rock & roll a little bit and should be expected - worry about motion sickness, please take Bonine or whatever remedies ahead ... if and when the the ship do stop there & run tendering - uploaded link below, please kindly leave a note if anyone is having trouble with it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dammeoh6nkql7db/VIDOSBA-GSC1101_1240.mp4?dl=0

It seemed like ages already ... but, it's nice for us to look back, every so often to live those memories again. She is a fine ship, not perfect and we had one (1) minor issue last time - the sagging mattress, but, never allowed it to ruin our entire cruise - an easy fix for NCL, just replace it.

• 5 months later...