Are you cancelling Caribbean this year?

bEwAbG

Are you cancelling your Caribbean cruise this year?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Are you cancelling your Caribbean cruise this year?

• Not cancelling
    • Will cancel or have already cancelled

No. We did not have anything booked.

But we are actively looking for a well priced last minute cruise at the moment. Pricing is good and we will select our itinerary with the hurricane damage in mind.

I wouldn't leave it long. People are realising that the damage won't affect itineraries as much as initially thought. As a result the outrageously cheap prices we saw two or three weeks ago have gone with pricing bouncing back towards more realistic levels.

The best deal I saw was an 11 night A2 aqua class stateroom with drinks package, taxes and port charges included which went for £499 at Celebrity UK. That's $653 at today's exchange rate. The classic drinks package alone will cost someone $713.90 on the very same sailing!!!

Also with Celebrity UK, Inside cabins on 10 and 11 day sailings went for as little as £255 with taxes and port charges included but no perks. That's $333 per person.

Today all AQ cabins are gone but the remaining C3's are £699 with classic drinks package. That's to the Dutch Antilles too which never experience hurricanes.

m - You are not the only one. I usually bring out either the scones or popcorn when reading these types of threads.

Personally, I have no real interest as to why one would cancel and re-book a sailing, go ahead do it without ceremony. If one is leaving X, go ahead and do it without ceremony. If one is leaving CC and the X board, go ahead and do it without ceremony.

Maybe a 'virtual' party can be setup to celebrate the defections?

The true test of who is cancelling or not, is when the ship leaves the port, that is the measurement to go by, IMO.

Were my friends and family to cancel, I say great, I will send you a post card...there will be enough other new friends to make aboard... thank goodness.

I do understand the variety of reasons one may want to cancel and I say go for it, your vacation, your money, your decision.

bon voyage

WELL SAID. Totally agree....

We decided to stay with our 12/8 Reflection sailing although we are a bit apprehensive about 5 ships being in Martinique on one of our new ports stops. Also a bit wary of our proposed St. Thomas stop. Not sure this will happen.

Sailing in 11 days. Western itinerary so the only port impacted was Key West. We knew were were booking near the tail end of hurricane season when we booked so we never considered either cancelling or trying to change to a different cruise.

No. We sail from San Juan in 6 days. Some of our roll call members booked after the hurricanes and got great deals such as C1 aft balconies for $500. We managed a free upgrade from a Sweet 16 to an aft corner FV.

Sent from my P027 using Forums mobile app

M - a great catch and deal! Have fun once and all.

Bon voyage

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk