Question about Carnival Magic rooms

Hammergirl

Looking at the Magic with our 2 kids ages 14 and 8. Because of this, we either need to connecting rooms or one suite that has 3 separate beds. We have never sailed Carnival before and so I am hoping someone can give me some insight into rooms on the ship.

1. Does the ship have connecting rooms that are 1 balcony and one oceanview?

2. Which deck is most ideal to be on if we want to avoid noise?

3. Does the ship have suites that have 3 separate beds? We would need one for us, and one for each of our kids. They are not sleeping on the same bed together. That would make for a horrible vacation. :(

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Kristine

Looking at the Magic with our 2 kids ages 14 and 8. Because of this, we either need to connecting rooms or one suite that has 3 separate beds. We have never sailed Carnival before and so I am hoping someone can give me some insight into rooms on the ship.

3. Does the ship have suites that have 3 separate beds? We would need one for us, and one for each of our kids. They are not sleeping on the same bed together. That would make for a horrible vacation. :(

Kristine

We cruise with our 2 kids and wife and I get the king bed and each kid always has their own bed. Couch turns into a bed and upper berth is a bed as well. If wife and I didn't want to sleep together we could have that king set up as 2 twins. That way our room would have 4 beds. We prefer to sleep together though, lol

Kristine

1. Yes there are connecting rooms: ie, balcony connects to balcony.....but NOT to ocean view cabins, they are on lower decks. Check the deck plans, it will show which connect with an arrow.

2. The best decks are those 'sandwiched' between decks of cabins, plus the best cabins are those with cabins above and below you - not 'white space' which could be galleys or service areas of deck (mostly affecting inside cabins).

3. There are rooms which sleep 4 with bunk beds (King + lower bed + upper bed which comes down from ceiling)....look at the 'key' on the deck plans and there is a symbol for '4 person cabin', then look at deck plans to figure out which are those cabins.

Hope this helps!

How about a family ocean view (can sleep up to 5)?

There are 2 twins (which convert to the Queen) plus a couch and 2 bunks. It also has a split bath to help with more people getting ready at the same time. These room types are only on the Dream class (Dream, Magic, Breeze).

We did the magic last year with my two kids who were 13 and 15 at the time and we all shared a balcony cabin and they each had their own bed. Yes, the room was a wee bit crowded but we managed for the week. I know this isn't exactly what you asked, but it's definitely doable and cheaper than two cabins.