Thoughts

Hello Fellow Cruisers,

We are considering a cruise to Canada/New England next fall and wondering what those of you who have sailed Adventure of the Seas think about it - ship condition, atmosphere, dining, etc. Is there a big difference between a balcony, spacious balcony, and junior suite, particularly in the size of the bathroom?

Although we have taken other cruises on Princess and one on Carnival, this would be our first time on Royal Caribbean. While RC seems to have a reputation as a more 'active' cruise line with a generally younger guest, we are willing to give it a try as long as the amenities and service are similar to Princess. Btw, the Princess schedule for Canada/New England does not work for our time frame or we would likely stay with them.

Thank you!

We have cruised both RCCL and Princess and taken both to Canada/NE. I think the lines are fairly similar and we usually choose based on itinerary/price, leaning toward RCCL only because my kids enjoy the activities on the ship (rock wall, mini golf, water slides, etc).

We have been on Adventurer twice out of San Juan. I really like that ship (Voyager is our favorite class of ship currently). Our latest sailing on Adventurer was a little over a year ago, before the latest updates. That was by far one of our favorite cruises. The service was amazing, the food was great, and the ports were fantastic (we did the ABC islands). We were in a Junior suite and my kids (one of which was 18 at the time) were in a balcony room at the back of the ship.

I'm excited she is coming up here as I wouldn't mind taking that ship to Canada/NE myself. ;) The junior suites are similar to the mini suites on Princess. We prefer them due to the larger balcony and they have bathtubs and a larger bathroom.