Drop off @ Manhattan Pier, NY for Nov cruise---$35 charge?!?

abby32

I'm hoping someone will be able to answer this. We are cruising in November and have friends dropping us off at the Manhattan pier for a cruise. I'm reading that it is $35 dollars to "drop off visitors/parking". They don't plan to park just stop long enough for us to get our luggage out.... do we still have to pay the $35? If so, is there an alternate way to do this? ie: drop off right by the pier somewhere and we walk? Not familiar with the area so advice is greatly appreciated.

Unless it has changed in the past few months, we dropped our son/girlfriend off and there was NO charge at all. That is CRAZY. IF...it is true....just have them drop you off on the street. There are porters for your luggage and an elevator/stairs to walk up to the ship level.

Unless it has changed in the past few months, we dropped our son/girlfriend off and there was NO charge at all. That is CRAZY. IF...it is true....just have them drop you off on the street. There are porters for your luggage and an elevator/stairs to walk up to the ship level.

thank you!, I feel that would be crazy as well....I'm just not sure why it says "for drop offs/visitors"-$35. unless maybe some people stick around for awhile to drop off their family/friends?

I'm hoping someone will be able to answer this. We are cruising in November and have friends dropping us off at the Manhattan pier for a cruise. I'm reading that it is $35 dollars to "drop off visitors/parking". They don't plan to park just stop long enough for us to get our luggage out.... do we still have to pay the $35? If so, is there an alternate way to do this? ie: drop off right by the pier somewhere and we walk? Not familiar with the area so advice is greatly appreciated.

The $35 is the parking rate up to 10 hours for drop offs/visitors. It is for those who wants to park and wait for passengers to check-in/board or disembark. It is not for vehicles just dropping off passengers by the curb. $40 is the daily rate for overnight parking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unless it's changed, if you are JUST dropping folks off, there is no charge. If they did charge, no one would take a cab to the pier and have to pay the cabbie the cab fare plus the $35. However, if you are dropping off passengers and then want to park and stay on the pier and wave the ship off as it departs, yes, you'd have to pay $35 to park, as you are a visitor and not a passenger. Same goes for picking folks up. If someone is coming to pick you up after you disembark, tell whoever is picking you up to wait for you to call them to come get you. If they park at the pier to wait for you, they'll have to pay $35.

There's no charge to drop off or pick up passengers at the cruise terminal. Nothing's changed. That $35 charge (or lesser amounts years ago) has been listed on the website for as long as I remember, and it only applies to a vehicle that is actually going to park at the pier while dropping off or picking up passengers.