Transportation from Port Everglades to Fort Lauderdale airport

donsuz

We will be returning from our Celebrity reflection cruise to Port Everglades at 7 am on November 27.

We are looking for the best way to get from the port to Fort Lauderdale airport. Our flight leaves FLL

Any help will be appreciated.

We have always used SAS from fort lauderdale airport to Miami and then from port back to airport. $15/person and very reliable.

If you are renting a car at the airport, there is an airport car rental bus which picks up in a designated spot. No charge.

There is no longer an airport car rental bus, as I found out a Monday when we disembarked. There are car rental agencies close to Port Everglades that have free shuttles to their facility.

We have always used SAS from fort lauderdale airport to Miami and then from port back to airport. $15/person and very reliable.

This may be the second most expensive way to get from the port to the airport. I'll bet that the ship's buses are the only more expensive options. I can never figure out way people pay the shuttles $15/ person when the cab is only $1 or $2 more expensive for everyone. If you have a larger group take a couple of cabs. Taxis are easy to get and cheap. I've found Uber may be expensive due to surge pricing at peak periods and may require a longer wait. As others have noted, the airport is close enough that you can see your airplane at the departure gate from the ship. For me, taxis are the best option.

This may be the second most expensive way to get from the port to the airport. I'll bet that the ship's buses are the only more expensive options. I can never figure out way people pay the shuttles $15/ person when the cab is only $1 or $2 more expensive for everyone.

To be fair, the person you responded to said they were going between FLL and Miami, not between port and airport in FLL.

To be fair, the person you responded to said they were going between FLL and Miami, not between port and airport in FLL.

Fair enough. Since the OP and the rest of the thread dealt with transportation between Port Everglades and FLL I responded with my thoughts. The shuttle fare was about $15 for that trip the last time I checked.

Upon checking further, I'm not sure what this person really meant. SAS service appears to be limited to Miami area hotel drop-offs and does not appear to service the Miami airport. From their website:

Sorry, we do not service the Miami International Airport, South Beach, Miami Beach or Miami Airport Area Hotels

If you are renting a car at the airport, there is an airport car rental bus which picks up in a designated spot. No charge.

Is there the reverse? If you are dropping off a car rental at the airport, is there an airport car rental bus that takes you to the port?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is there the reverse? If you are dropping off a car rental at the airport, is there an airport car rental bus that takes you to the port?

Guess I didn’t read far enough: It appears the answer to my question is no. Thanks Literacy Lady for the update.

Edited by JenZ

Just remember that in FLL there are no fixed rates to the airport when using a taxi. Make sure the meter is running. If a driver tries to tell you there is a fixed rate get out or call over a police officer. One other piece of advice someone gave me is to always take a picture of the hack license when getting into a cab.

Our last cruise in March the taxi did not have a meter.

Flat rate $20. We will ask before we take another taxi at the port. He could have charged anything he wanted for a 7 minute ride!

Our last cruise in March the taxi did not have a meter.

Flat rate $20. We will ask before we take another taxi at the port. He could have charged anything he wanted for a 7 minute ride!

We just took a taxi to FLL from Port Everglades. For 4 people a flat rate of $20 was charged. He also had the meter running, and that showed $13.12 when he dropped us off at the back of the car rental site. I don't know if there would have been a surcharge for 4 people, but I would ask for the meter to be used the next time I did this.

We did this a couple of years ago and the taxi was far cheaper for 4 of us because it was a flat rate with, as I recall, a small fee for persons 2-4. This compared to the shuttle vans that charge per person. In our one experience the cab was much quicker. We walked up to them and they were loading our luggage in seconds. I did find it interesting that the vans has the nearest curb and the taxi's were were behind them on another curb. The vans were working overtime to keep people from seeing and walking to the taxi line.

Not sure if the pick up arrangement is the same or not now. But it was one of the few cases I've found where it was much easier, faster and cheaper to take a taxi.

... But it was one of the few cases I've found where it was much easier, faster and cheaper to take a taxi.

Also true for the trip to the port from many local Fort Lauderdale hotels. Many of the hotels get kick-backs from the shuttle companies and it is a struggle to get them to call a cab. They let you stand around waiting for a cab that they never called and then try to get you to use the more expensive shuttle.

• 4 months later...

Our meter showed $14.50 from the port to the Ft Lauderdale airport. Our cruise guide from princess said the fair should be about $15. The driver said it would be $20. I didn't ask and paid $22. I've had fixed taxi rides before that didn't match up with the fair show. Should I feel ripped off?