Transportation from Port Everglades to Fort Lauderdale airport

donsuz

We will be returning from our Celebrity reflection cruise to Port Everglades at 7 am on November 27.

We are looking for the best way to get from the port to Fort Lauderdale airport. Our flight leaves FLL

Any help will be appreciated.

We will be returning from our Celebrity reflection cruise to Port Everglades at 7 am on November 27.

We are looking for the best way to get from the port to Fort Lauderdale airport. Our flight leaves FLL

Any help will be appreciated.

FLL is one of those ports where the terminal and airport are so close you could almost walk. Take a cab will be under

$20 with the tip. Quickest, cheapest and you go when you want.

Just remember that in FLL there are no fixed rates to the airport when using a taxi. Make sure the meter is running. If a driver tries to tell you there is a fixed rate get out or call over a police officer. One other piece of advice someone gave me is to always take a picture of the hack license when getting into a cab.

• 3 months later...

We took a taxi from FLL to the port for $16ish, or $20 with tip. That is per ride, not per person. However, on the way back, we used Uber and it was less expensive, about $12 to our hotel (which was much farther away than the airport). Also, the cab line was LONG and Uber was very efficient - I requested a ride when we were walking out of the terminal with our luggage and he was there within 2-3 minutes.

Did it yesterday (off of Reflection also!). We had an early flight so we self disembarked (if that's even a word! lol) and turned left leaving the building, walked a very short distance, got in a cab and off to FLL. There were two of us, and the bill was $13.00 US. I complemented the driver on his courteous driving, and gave him a $20.US bill and asked him if he would take that! :) We had plenty of time to spare to wait for our 11am departure. Easy as pie!

Most all are saying cab. Even w 4 people there are cab vans. Not that long of a line in our numerous experiences. Do not take ship bus. It sits and waits for a full bus. And drops you off well away from the actual terminal entrance and unloads all at once and take long time to get luggage out of bus. And much more expensive.

We live in the Fla Panhandle and rented an airport car. Taxi dropped us right at car checkin.

Den

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Most all are saying cab. Even w 4 people there are cab vans. Not that long of a line in our numerous experiences. Do not take ship bus. It sits and waits for a full bus. And drops you off well away from the actual terminal entrance and unloads all at once and take long time to get luggage out of bus. And much more expensive.

We live in the Fla Panhandle and rented an airport car. Taxi dropped us right at car checkin.

Den

If you are renting a car at the airport, there is an airport car rental bus which picks up in a designated spot. No charge.

• 1 month later...

FWIW, on the the last 2 cruises departing from Port Everglades the taxi driver did not want to use the meter. They wanted to tell you the rate is $20. Monday, (2 Apr 2018) I told the driver to use his meter that the rate is less than that (i.e. around $16). He agreed, but said that it comes to about $20 with a tip. I told him when I asked what the fare was he didn't say "$20 including tip" he just said "$20", which implied that he would expect an additional tip. He made some "snide" comment that I spend several thousand dollars on a cruise and worry about a couple bucks extra for the taxi driver. I told him it is not the money, it the principle of the thing; I just don't like to be taken advantage of and/or "ripped off".

In theory, there is a fixed $20 charge for a taxi to the airport....actually that's a fact, but it becomes a theory when you see a permanent sign that says "there is no fixed taxi fare....meter fare will be used" right where you come out of the terminal. I can't comment on whether $20 or the meter is a better deal....We just took the nearest conveyance...a small bus that cost $11 pp and dropped us at the airport. I think that fare may change depending on your jewelry, the amount of rain the previous day or other based on other posts in this thread.

We used a porter at the port to take our luggage to a taxi line, which was not much of a line last time we sailed. The dispatcher put us and another couple into a taxi van to share. The meter was just under $14 when we were dropped off and I had said to the other couple we would just split the meter rate and tip as we saw fit. Gave the drive $10 and he seemed happy with that. I've had worse luck with drivers going from the airport to the hotel, they seem as though they think we do not know our way around and want to pad the meter. In those cases we just hand over the meter fair and tell the driver that the overcharge because they "got lost" included their tip.