Top Tip for the Haven - Be aware of the Tips

lhorne

Just let them get on the ship and "surprise!"

The more you read, the fewer "surprises".

Hence the term "buyer beware". It's like a pickup truck that can "tow 12,000lbs*"

*only when equipped with option package FE1256 :o

The more you read, the fewer "surprises".

Hence the term "buyer beware". It's like a pickup truck that can "tow 12,000lbs*"

*only when equipped with option package FE1256 :o

With a hitch weight of 340 lbs :)

NCL had VERY misleading stuff on their site. They actually fixed it since I cruised last time, I can only assume due to complaints from others. It's been awhile, but I had posted screen shots on CC and it was really obvious bait/switch and misleading wording on some of their offerings. I'm a business owner with a marketing background, I totally get it, but they went a little too far in my opinion.

The tipping, it doesn't bother me, since that's how tipping generally works... You don't really know the customs until you are there. But also recognize that people don't read answers to questions they don't have. It's misleading, but I get why they don't openly explain it to people during the booking process.

Oh, I know EXACTLY why they don't prominently display these details. NCL loves hiding the details. I've pointed this out in the past with several things they conveniently hid and mislead on during the booking process. Why would you put any barrier at checkout that might make someone question their decision? Just let them get on the ship and "surprise!"

Hidden you mean like right on the screen where it tells you the total cost of your cabin BEFORE you confirm your booking or where it is fully explained in the terms and conditions of all the packages? NOTHING at all was misleading at all.

LOL at the beginning of your post, disclosing the full cost is HIDING the cost and then at the end of your post it a barrier to you booking. Laughable!

Let's be honest. If someone booked a suite and was about to pre-pay their DSC, what would their reaction likely be if just before checkout, a disclaimer popped up that read "Oh, btw, the butler and concierge do not benefit from the DSC...you can tip them separately, if you choose."? :confused:

If the butler/concierge are a part of the suite DSC, people will complain that they are paying for something that they didn't use ("I made all of my own reservations.....I didn't ask the butler for anything...")

If the butler/concierge are not a part of the DSC, people will complain that they are paying a higher DSC plus being pressured to tip the butler/concierge. ("I was bombarded with notifications that the butler/concierge do not benefit from the DSC..." or "Nobody told me that the butler/concierge do not benefit from the DSC because I didn't read it...").

You can also not IF YOU CHOOSE.