Hasbro game winnings?

Poobah Out2C

My wife and I were on the Pride last month and my wife won the Hasbro game. I was wondering if anyone else won this and how long did it take to receive your game package delivered to your home? I am anxious to have game night here at home with awesome fellow cruisers that we have met on that cruise.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Forums mobile app

When I won the big prize for the Hasbro game show in June 2016 I received while still on stage a gift card to be used at HasboToyShop.com. The CD told me the card was valued at $100 but when I checked the value it was for $150. We waited till Cyber Monday last year and got some great deals.

When I won the big prize for the Hasbro game show in June 2016 I received while still on stage a gift card to be used at HasboToyShop.com. The CD told me the card was valued at $100 but when I checked the value it was for $150. We waited till Cyber Monday last year and got some great deals.

Thanks, my wife did win a travel game on stage and a gift card for $150.00 for Hasbro.com, but she was told that she would be sent a prize package to the house and gave her information to a Fun Squad member afterwards. Before the show starts, up on the big screen it shows a package of games that the winner would receive.

i always wondered, actually truly believed, that they ensured a child would win, meaning.... the value of the piece you choose is determined after all picks, and always a child is the winner. ( which i have nooo problem with whatsoever)

the only reason i believe this is... i go often, i did over a dozen cruises this year and saw Hasbro at least 8, and all 8 a child was the winner..

now it seems my thoughts have been all wrong? i kinda think a child should win, they get so excited!

You should have seen the excitement on my wife's face when she won. Also, last year my daughter made it to the stage as well and the look on her face, just being able to participate, was priceless. Carnival is fun for all ages and I am absolutely addicted to cruising with them.

i always wondered, actually truly believed, that they ensured a child would win, meaning.... the value of the piece you choose is determined after all picks, and always a child is the winner. ( which i have nooo problem with whatsoever)

the only reason i believe this is... i go often, i did over a dozen cruises this year and saw Hasbro at least 8, and all 8 a child was the winner..

now it seems my thoughts have been all wrong? i kinda think a child should win, they get so excited!

I have no doubt you're right. Maybe there weren't any kids playing or maybe his wife looks really young that they thought she was a child? Our experience has been the same that a child always wins. On our last cruise, my son got on stage and knew that if his team won, he'd likely be the grand prize winner. Unfortunately, his team didn't win so we got the consolation travel game. :(

I have no doubt you're right. Maybe there weren't any kids playing or maybe his wife looks really young that they thought she was a child? Our experience has been the same that a child always wins. On our last cruise, my son got on stage and knew that if his team won, he'd likely be the grand prize winner. Unfortunately, his team didn't win so we got the consolation travel game. :(

I made friends with the young boy on our team. i asked him if he won, would he share with his brother and he said yes His older brother didn't make it on stage for the next round and was really upset. I talked to his mom and told her that he promised to share I had the highest score until it came to him. Sure enough, he Won

Of course they pick adults, as it is a family game. Some of the games played on stage require adults to play, such as Simon, as 8 adults have to wear this sling with a huge block attached to them. If people don't like kids being involved in things, there is usually an adults only game in the Butterflies lounge. This game which has nothing to do with Hasbro, gets a little risque, so enter if you dare. 😉

I made friends with the young boy on our team. i asked him if he won, would he share with his brother and he said yes His older brother didn't make it on stage for the next round and was really upset. I talked to his mom and told her that he promised to share I had the highest score until it came to him. Sure enough, he Won

Nice story. This is why Carnival is called the Fun Ship.

• 6 months later...
Thanks, my wife did win a travel game on stage and a gift card for $150.00 for Hasbro.com, but she was told that she would be sent a prize package to the house and gave her information to a Fun Squad member afterwards. Before the show starts, up on the big screen it shows a package of games that the winner would receive.

Hey there! Super curious to know if you guys ever received the game package. My son won the Game show this past week on the Vista. It stated on the winnings FYI that the winner would receive the game night package, in addition to the $150 Gift Card. Check on the GC, however, I really haven't seen much of anything else/ any mutterings about the other winnings. Thank you in advance!

I thought the same thing the first couple times I saw it...until the first time I saw an adult beat out a little kid.

On our last cruise (MAGIC/March) the big-red card-reading machine thingy stopped working during the show. The contestant would insert his/her card, but the machine wouldn't reveal the value. So, the workaround was that the Host took each card from the contestant and "pretended" to insert it in the back of the machine, and then they would pull a different type of card from the back of the machine that had a $$ value on it. I'm glad they had a contingency, but it was soooooo lame, as it seemed as if the Host could totally dictate who won as he was doing the $ card selecting. Especially since the person who won was the lady whom the Host was totally doting on during the whole show (older lady, traveling with a large family, and had her 9 month infant grandson on stage because the Host thought he was so cute).

CeleBrat

How to participate the game? Do we need to seat in lower area close the stage? My son would love to come up for the game. He tried so hard last time, but we didn't know, we sat at higher stage.

Lower level. I feel like you have a better shot closer to the middle aisle. The ones I’ve been to it seems like they walk that middle aisle when picking people.

On our last cruise (MAGIC/March) the big-red card-reading machine thingy stopped working during the show. The contestant would insert his/her card, but the machine wouldn't reveal the value. So, the workaround was that the Host took each card from the contestant and "pretended" to insert it in the back of the machine, and then they would pull a different type of card from the back of the machine that had a $$ value on it. I'm glad they had a contingency, but it was soooooo lame, as it seemed as if the Host could totally dictate who won as he was doing the $ card selecting. Especially since the person who won was the lady whom the Host was totally doting on during the whole show (older lady, traveling with a large family, and had her 9 month infant grandson on stage because the Host thought he was so cute).

CeleBrat

I was also on this cruise :) I remember thinking that it was obviously predetermined when Dr. E pretty much made up the amounts as they went since the machine didn’t work.

Lower level. I feel like you have a better shot closer to the middle aisle. The ones I’ve been to it seems like they walk that middle aisle when picking people.

Thank you Saint Greg, he's already excited when I told him we will try to participate again.

When I did it on Sunshine, I made sure to jump around very excitedly when I knew the answer to a question to attract Emma Nixon’s attention. Sure enough, I got on stage.

Sent from my eye phone using a three legged yak FFS

The "package" they show in the beginning are items you can choose if you win. Winner only receives the $150 gift card to use on Hasboro.com. You can pick the games in that "package" on Hasboro.com.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Adults do actually win - even with kids playing. My son was chosen to play and his team did win - and an adult ended up winning the overall game. He loved playing though - and won a card game and a $10 Hasbro card - or maybe $20 - I can't remember for sure.

My 20yr old son won on The Horizon in Europe and he was given a $150 obc, which was fab as we don’t need any more board games in our house (and we’d have to pay postal charges and import tax if we bought from online in The USA)