Advice requested on cabin upgrade for Panama Cruise

cruzqueenT

Hello,

We are currently booked in cabins 4164 and 4166 on a Panama 10 day. We have the opportunity to switch to a SZ guarantee. Should we give up the large balconies? We normally sail in a Princess mini suite. I am in charge of travel plans for 2 couples.

Thanks Bunches for all your advice😊

Although the balconies might be bigger, you will definitely find the HAL Verandah cabins much much smaller than the Princess Mini-Suite which is our favourite room on Princess. The Signature Suite on HAL, while configured differently than the Mini-Suite, will offer you as much room with a nicer bathroom. The Signature Suite balconies in themselves are large enough (much larger than Verandah) and if you get connecting rooms as you already have, you could wind up with a huge balcony by opening up the partition between both. We would definitely upgrade!

Edited by taxmantoo

Although the balconies might be bigger, you will definnitely find the HAL Verandah cabins much much smaller than the Princess Mini-Suite which is our favourite room on Princess. The Signature Suite on HAL, while configured differently than the Mini-Suite, will offer you as much room with a nicer bathroom. The Signature Suite balconies in themselves are large enough (much larger than Verandah) and if you get connecting rooms as you already have, you could wind up with a huge balcony by opening up the partition between both. We would definitely upgrade!

Agree w/your comparison between HAL Veranda and Princess Mini-Suites.

Personally, I’d go with a Signature Suite as well.

However, with an SZ guarantee, I think the odds of them being next together aren’t great. (If that’s important to the OP)

Tough question and it depends on what you want.

If you are used to mini suites on Princess and like space, I think you will be happier in a Signature Suite. A lot of pluses between the bathrooms and space.

The balconies are about 50% bigger than a regular verandah so while 4164 & 66 are longer, you have a decent sized balcony.

Easy decision if it is just your cabin - Signature Suite.

But with two cabins, the question becomes - do you need to be beside each other? That will most likely not happen with your SZ assignment. If you don't need to be beside each other, I'd take the SZ offer.

Tough question and it depends on what you want.

If you are used to mini suites on Princess and like space, I think you will be happier in a Signature Suite. A lot of pluses between the bathrooms and space.

The balconies are about 50% bigger than a regular verandah so while 4164 & 66 are longer, you have a decent sized balcony.

Easy decision if it is just your cabin - Signature Suite.

But with two cabins, the question becomes - do you need to be beside each other? That will most likely not happen with your SZ assignment. If you don't need to be beside each other, I'd take the SZ offer.

I agree with all the quoted comment above. A signature suite is superior and worth taking. Yes you might lose adjoining cabins, but you might not.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On another note... adjoining rooms are not all that special. Personally, I would never do it again.

Actually the only thing about 4166 and 4168 is that the balconies are attached, there is a crews pantry in between. We loved our cabin so much that we have booked it for a future cruise, you don’t just get extra space but also a much wider view toward the front and back.

Rosalyn