Ruby/Platinum?

cruzn fun

You are absolutely entitled to move up after the first leg.

If your cruise card for the second leg is still Ruby--or you were issued one card valid for the entire time onboard--just go to the purser's desk and exchange it for a Platinum. Though you may need the Captains Circle host to intervene.

That same scenario happened with us. We just went to passenger services desk and they changed cards for us. The second to the last night of the first leg, we had a packet delivered to our cabin welcoming us to the Platinum level. It also had our platinum pins in the packet. We took our packet with us to passenger services but they didn't even look at it. We were marked as platinum in the computer. ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!!

Happened to my mom a couple of years ago. She got her Platinum card for the second leg delivered the last night of the first leg of the B2B. She was a bit disappointed as she thought that the Ruby card was so pretty and the Platinum card not so much. ;)

More important than the color of your card will be the complementary internet mins. You should be able to get these on the 2nd leg once any purchased mins. from the 1st leg are used up. If comp. mins. are not available check with passenger services or maybe even the Captain's Circle host.

I could be wrong, but I think the only caveat would be how you booked the cruise (e.g. whether you booked 2 7-day cruises or 1 14-day cruise). In the first scenario you would move up to Platinum for the second leg, but in the second scenario I think you would have to wait until your next cruise.

before there was a Ruby level, it was called Medallion level. We happened to be on one of the first "Medallion" level cruises on a 10 day Island Princess Panama canal cruise.

This was a new level between gold and platinum - and the crew, and most everyone else had no clue about it. When they gave us our cards at check in - they didn't even know about it.

Platinum - definitely internet minutes and priority boarding