Traveling with Elites

Zozizar

We are embarking in San Fran for a Mexican Riviera cruise in March. We are traveling with my in-laws who are Elite (but we are not). Our 8yr old is in their room. Is it likely that we will be allowed to board with the elites as one group? Don't want to board without daughter and would like to take 1 photo. Is this question moot as it will be probably 12-12:30 when we are expecting to get to the pier (flying in).

Thanks!

Kate

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Forums mobile app

There is a likely chance that general boarding may have already started when you arrive. If not, your in-laws can wait with you to board if the staff does not allow you to tag along with their Elite boarding privilege.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes when you enter the terminal just let the person that greets you know that you are traveling together and you should have no problems going through check in and boarding together. This has been our experience in the past, if it's changed I certainly stand to be corrected.

Bbum

Totally dependent on the port workers you will encounter. The majority of the time people travelling with us are allowed to come with us through the Platinum/Elite line and into the waiting area.

In Ft Lauderdale there is one guy who believes he is in control of the world and won't allow this...........I'm sure he believes that this is his contribution to keeping world order.

Bottom line is since you are arriving later, you shouldn't have any issues anyway. If you do, everyone stays with you and doesn't use their perk.

One thing to note...on our most recent cruise on the Crown out of Quebec we were told we could not do a pic with more than 2 people as they changed the background template to be the live preserver that says love boat...so only 2 peoples heads fit in that circle...we were quite disappointed as we were celebrating a friend-a-versary and wanted all 4 of us in it together..perhaps it was just on the crown but thought I would warn.

One thing to note...on our most recent cruise on the Crown out of Quebec we were told we could not do a pic with more than 2 people as they changed the background template to be the live preserver that says love boat...so only 2 peoples heads fit in that circle...we were quite disappointed as we were celebrating a friend-a-versary and wanted all 4 of us in it together..perhaps it was just on the crown but thought I would warn.

OMG! Horrors. They want to charge you $499.95 for a single photo and you cannot squeeze in 4 (and only be charged a group rate of $399.95 per person :). Am sorry to tease, but we remember when ship photos were reasonably priced and the photographers were real pros.

Hank

Perhaps the most important factor with priority boarding is that the person controlling access to the lounge will be agency staff and not be a Princess employee.

I well remember being told by a person 'guarding' the entrance to the corridor leading to the Elite/Suite lounge, at PE terminal 21, that the lounge was reserved exclusively for Elite members and that, as a Platinum member staying in a suite, I was not entitled to either go to the lounge, or board until they called Platinum members.

Managed to get it sorted, but had to endure being told I could not expect her to know all the Princess rules.

Haven't sailed out of FLL since just after the remodel of Pier 2. Entrance to lounge was limited to Elites at that time.

San Pedro is different. On recent cruises we were given one Elite boarding card and only people in that cabin were allowed in the lounge with that one boarding card. On one cruise there were so many Elite passengers that there were three separate Elite boarding groups. Platinum passengers had a different card and waiting area without food or drink.

On one cruise we were waiting in the Platinum waiting area with friends. I went over to check out the Elite/Suite lounge. As I came to the Platinum area a Princess staff gave me a second Elite boarding pass and told me to have my wife and I each take one of our Platinum friends into the lounge with us. That was not requested but a nice offer which we used.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums