Drink package question

lele100

We have purchased the drink package for our Jan cruise on the Indy. I read the limit on each drink is $12. I did some research and it seems many drinks are above that price, (Boleros, Schooners, etc menus). How does Royal handle that if someone with the a drink package wants one of those drinks? On Carnival the limit is $50 a drink so never had to worry about it, however they do have a limit for alcoholic beverages of 15 a day, which way enough for me. Thanks

You will simply pay the difference in cost....but most basic drinks are within the "limit" of your package. I don't find it necessary to have "top shelf" booze in a mixed drink...can't taste it, anyway, when it's mixed with other ingredients!

Different ships have different drink prices so it’s possible the menu prices you see will be different on your ship.

In my experience we ordered tons of different drinks and only once did we have to pay extra. That was for a bottle of sake my husband ordered at Izumi.

We aren’t big wine drinkers so didn’t have a problem but I know there are a bunch of wines over the limit. In that case you will just pay the difference plus 18% gratuity on the difference.

We found that it often depended on the bartender. Most of the time they would give us whatever we ordered under the package, and every once in a while someone would say "that isn't included". But for the most part I don't really think the bartenders care. Heck at one point I ordered 14 shots on one card for the group of people we met on the cruise as a going away toast on the last night.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

On my last few cruises , all with drink package, almost all drinks including scotch 12 years old and some older were included. Had a 18 year old that just a few dollars above package, most of the wine we had was 15 a glass so if we ordered 2, I would get a check for 6 dollars plus 18 percent for the 6 dollars, and as already said no limit on number of drinks

Heck at one point I ordered 14 shots on one card for the group of people we met on the cruise as a going away toast on the last night.

And people wonder why the new policy of everyone in a cabin has to buy a package came into being....

We have purchased the drink package for our Jan cruise on the Indy. I read the limit on each drink is $12. I did some research and it seems many drinks are above that price, (Boleros, Schooners, etc menus). How does Royal handle that if someone with the a drink package wants one of those drinks? On Carnival the limit is $50 a drink so never had to worry about it, however they do have a limit for alcoholic beverages of 15 a day, which way enough for me. Thanks

Wow, $50 a drink, what kind of alcohol are they putting in their drinks? Also, a limit of 15 alcoholic drinks a day, I'm sure that there are some people who do that but not I. If I did, the entire vacation would be a blur.

And people wonder why the new policy of everyone in a cabin has to buy a package came into being....
Nah, wasn't like that at all, my point is that while everyone in our group of new friends had the drink package, the bartender didn't care to swipe 14 cards or ring up 14 shots, he just poured away. Right or wrong, it was his choice to do that. At the end of the day Royal did not institute the everyone needs to buy the drink package because they were losing money, they did it to make more money.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app