Extra key card

Jjtmcruisers3

When I traveled with my teenager kids (and we cruised 4-5x during their teenage years).... would always book me with one and wife with one. But once we boarded kids in 1 room and wife and I in a room. You can get extra keys/cards at guest services

The 18yo can be anywhere on the ship, but the 15yo has to be within 3 cabins of yours. If you get it rearranged then I would still get a key to thier cabin so you can check on them or thier cabin as needed :D

We will. I want to go in their room and surprise them with a mini Christmas tree🎄

So will they let us change it? The TA booked the rooms that way. She said they had to.

Time to find a more knowledgeable travel agent. Any CLIA certified TA would know how to override the booking computer to allow the parents to be in 1 cabin and the kids in another as long as the 2 locations fell in the parameters of what the cruise line allows.

If we put the kids in one room they'll make us both have the Cheers program. Totally forgot about that, pretty sure that's why we did it that way to begin with.

So, we're not going to switch rooms. I'll just hope that they'll give us an extra key card when we get on the ship.

LOL....He's playing within the rules. If spouse doesn't drink it works out for them. To be honest....making both parties (over 21) in a stateroom have to purchase the package...seems a bit unfair. They have a 15 drink limit anyway. But I understand why Carnival does it. Yes...the OP and wife could split the 15 throughout the day... Maybe Carnival should comeup with a surcharge option if only 1 of the adults in room want the package. Instead of $50/day Make it $80/day for individual. For those heavy drinkers...it still works for them. and gives them a opportunity to participate in package where as currently they can not