Do You Have To Dress Formal For Specialty Restaurants

drpack

There was a man in his 20s holidaying with an older couple, perhaps his parents, and he wore nylon football shorts day and night. I just assumed the airline had lost his luggage and wouldn't begrudge him a restaurant meal.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

Of course there are the extremes from time to time which will cause them to take notice but it it's just a neatly dressed person, they'll be fine.

It's understandable that Princess doesn't want the dining room to turn into a Carnival affair since many people do cruise Princess based upon them having higher standards.

Already answered but no you don't. We book one formal night in the CG to avoid dressing up. Our last cruise last month in early TD a gentleman who was seated at a 2 top wore a pie hat (round short brim) every night in the MDR including formal nights. I also saw several men walk in (we had a table where about half had to walk by) wearing ball caps. I don't know if they removed them to sit down or not. Just mentioning it since several on here were ranting about men in hats like the picture.

:eek:

There was a man in his 20s holidaying with an older couple, perhaps his parents, and he wore nylon football shorts day and night. I just assumed the airline had lost his luggage and wouldn't begrudge him a restaurant meal.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

Hey, the Maitre D’ allowed the young man in to the MDR. That’s good enough for me. ;)

And, I guess the older couple the young man was with did not care that he was wearing nylon football shorts at dinner in the MDR.

Not sure if the young man could have purchased a pair of long pants in the ship’s store. I know they sell some nice shirts. On my recent cruise, I bought a tropical print Tommy Alabama (?) shirt myself. :) I did not notice if the ship’s store carried long pants. Do they?

Of course, the young man could always have dined in the specialty restaurants, or H .C. dressed in his nylon football shorts. That is permitted, am I correct?

:rolleyes:

Edited by Kingofcool1947

:eek:

Hey, the Maitre D’ allowed the young man in to the MDR. That’s good enough for me. ;)

And, I guess the older couple the young man was with did not care that he was wearing nylon football shorts at dinner in the MDR.

Not sure if the young man could have purchased a pair of long pants in the ship’s store. I know they sell some nice shirts. On my recent cruise, I bought a tropical print Tommy Alabama (?) shirt myself. :) I did not notice if the ship’s store carried long pants. Do they?

Of course, the young man could always have dined in the specialty restaurants, or H .C. dressed in his nylon football shorts. That is permitted, am I correct?

:rolleyes:

My DH was turned away from the MDR (not formal night) for wearing khaki shorts. We had just returned very late from a shore excursion and we went directly to the dining room.

D

I've been tempted to buy a pair of those pants with removable legs just to see them check them out when leaving the restaurant. :evilsmile:

Outdoor-Quick-Dry-Pants-Men-Removable-Climbing-Hiking-Pantalones-Trekking-fishing-Breathable-Thin-Ultralight-Trousers-Sport.jpg_250x250.jpg

So do you usually wear them with your high heels or flats?

Edited by Kingofcool1947

As your husband found out Shorts are not permitted in the MDR for the evening meal. It probably would have taken him about 10 minutes or less to change.

Yeah...whatever....thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Since we got back to the ship so late, and dinner was already started, he thought he would take a chance...

Anyway... he went to the cabin and changed....15 minutes...no biggie. LOL!