NCL Gem repairs

cruisingqueen86

Weather info here.... http://www.oceanweather.com/data/NE-US/index.html

Tracking info here.... https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-71.6/centery:39.4/zoom:9

You can get full info on each ship when they are "within range" of shoreside marine radar for free, but if the 'target' is identified as "received via satellite", you will need to upgrade to a paid subscription to receive the full details....but knowing the approximate position of the ship, from it's last known radar report, and its course, you may be able to guess which blue target is the one you are tracking....;):cool:

Then you can also watch here... http://www.nyharborwebcam.com

And here....https://www.ncl.com/shipcams/gemcam/fullsize.jpg?browser_popup=320x240

If you see the blue target at 39:51N, 72:43 W (When you put your cursor on it, the coordinates are in the top right of the screen...

The Gem should be "in range" shortly....

The local news WABC 7 here in NYC is really laying it on thick. They’re waiting for the ship to dock so they can speak to the passengers who were stuck on a “nightmare” 21 day cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The local news WABC 7 here in NYC is really laying it on thick. They’re waiting for the ship to dock so they can speak to the passengers who were stuck on a “nightmare” 21 day cruise.

I hope they can reunite the crying grandmother with her traumatized daughter and her education-deprived grandson..... compounded by suffering PTSS traveling in Haven......

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I hope they can reunite the crying grandmother with her traumatized daughter and her education-deprived grandson..... compounded by suffering PTSS traveling in Haven......

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

As a haven cruiser I can agree it is traumatizing...to my wallet.

Hello, Gem ... we know of someone eager to embark on the ship this morning. She is in fine shape now, we actually just early book her again for Spring 2018. with trust & faith in what the cruiseline is doing.

Safe traveling for that final home stretch for some of you eager to come down the gangway.

For those that can roll with the punches...NCL has more than accommodating to the remaining passengers. Food and rooms at hotel was not the same quality as being on the Gem, but the wonderful on property beach more than made up for. Now back on the ship, we have the entire crew waiting on us. I would call it an extended vacation.

Hope you get home to your final destination, safely!! According to NY local news, it looks like you arrived in NY!! I would love to hear how your trip was AFTER they fixed her and set sail for NY? Were there shows, or any kind of entertainment?? Did they put all of you in Suites?? Was it eerie being on such a big ship with it mostly empty? I guess you got to pick and choose your lounge chair by a not crowded pool!!!

Happy Thanksgiving.....

Hope you get home to your final destination, safely!! According to NY local news, it looks like you arrived in NY!! I would love to hear how your trip was AFTER they fixed her and set sail for NY? Were there shows, or any kind of entertainment?? Did they put all of you in Suites?? Was it eerie being on such a big ship with it mostly empty? I guess you got to pick and choose your lounge chair by a not crowded pool!!!

Happy Thanksgiving.....

Check out posts 62 and 79 upthread

Drove into the city today. What a thrill to drive down the West Side Highway and see the Gem tied up at the pier! I'll be traveling on her 12/12 cruise. After following these events avidly, so nice to see her back home! :-)

I had heard the USCG was onboard, not sure if that was the cause of the delay. When I left work at 6 I saw it was still in port and was thinking "this isn't good..." But glad she finally left. Hopefully this cruise will be uneventful.

Glad to hear how they took care of the remaining 28 on board. At least they got much better treatment than we did getting back to NY. Felt bad for the person who reportedly lost her job and knew there would be drama when the camera crews showed up as the passengers were disembarking.

I had heard the USCG was onboard, not sure if that was the cause of the delay. When I left work at 6 I saw it was still in port and was thinking "this isn't good..." But glad she finally left. Hopefully this cruise will be uneventful.

Glad to hear how they took care of the remaining 28 on board. At least they got much better treatment than we did getting back to NY. Felt bad for the person who reportedly lost her job and knew there would be drama when the camera crews showed up as the passengers were disembarking.

When I watch the news reports, it's hard believe we stayed at the same hotel and experienced the same trip back.

Sorry for chaos everyone experienced on the flights back and the oh so long travel day it turned into.

I have to agree that the trip back was handled very well. We were catered to by a very attentive staff. Very relaxing, as long as you weren’t someone who needed to be “entertained” by a constant round of activities, etc.