Anthem CPAP question

emcemt

Anyone ever use a CPAP on Anthem? On past cruises I have been on there have been limited outlets by the bed to plug it into it. I have brought extension cords in the past, but I know Royal is particular about what extension cords are allowed. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

My first time will be in Dec on the harmony. I emailed the special needs dept. I was assured there would not only be an extension cord but also distilled water in the room upon arrival..

special_needs@rccl.com

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Thanks! I'll try out, but my cruise leaves Saturday, hope they can arrange it in time!

My first time will be in Dec on the harmony. I emailed the special needs dept. I was assured there would not only be an extension cord but also distilled water in the room upon arrival..

special_needs@rccl.com

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Anthem has a plug right beside the bed, above the nightstand.

So does Harmony.

:)

Anyone ever use a CPAP on Anthem? On past cruises I have been on there have been limited outlets by the bed to plug it into it. I have brought extension cords in the past, but I know Royal is particular about what extension cords are allowed. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Just got off Anthem and my husband uses a CPAP (Thank you God), and he always travels with an extension cord. When they did a check on his carry-on, they took the extension cord. They are no longer allowed. But the good news is that there is, indeed, an outlet right next to the bed - and on his side! We did get the extension cord back when we left the ship:)

My husband uses CPAP and we could only find an outlet on one side of the bed. This was in a cabin with the bed nearer the bathroom, the outlet was on the side closest to the bathroom. I am guessing there had to be another one there somewhere but it wasn't obvious, so you may need to ask your cabin attendant. We also couldn't find an outlet in the bathroom which seemed odd.

Thanks! I'll try out, but my cruise leaves Saturday, hope they can arrange it in time!

Even with advanced notice they forget, so they are use to scrambling at the last minute and they will provide.

If you cant arrange it (which I do not believe you can this close to sailing), just ask your room steward for distilled water and, if you need it, an extension cord. They will gladly provide both for you.

We sailed Anthem last May and, as others have stated, there was no need for the extension cord as there is an outlet right above the night table.

Have a Great Trip !!

Steve