Upgrades possible if price drops

karco

I booked RCCL Harmony for Dec 16th 2017 about a year and a half ago. I booked and inside cabin and now see for the price we paid I could have had an outside balcony room. Is it worth calling RCCL to try for an upgrade?

I booked RCCL Harmony for Dec 16th 2017 about a year and a half ago. I booked and inside cabin and now see for the price we paid I could have had an outside balcony room. Is it worth calling RCCL to try for an upgrade?[/quote

I am sailing this December and a Jr Suite is now the same price I paided for a Balcony. I called my TA and RCCL upgraded me to a Jr. Suite. :)

Call, but they have recently started enforcing the "new bookings only" for different promotions and sales and not allowing upgrades. If this happens call back and you might have better luck with a different rep.

Spot on here. This for me is another reason why we book with a TA. We booked a Promenade room for our 9 night Navigator sailing in a week. After final payment date, a balcony guarantee popped up for the same price. It took him over an hour on the phone, but got Royal to allow us the upgrade. You might as well give it a shot with a rep or two. Worst thing that happens is they say no, good luck!

I booked RCCL Harmony for Dec 16th 2017 about a year and a half ago. I booked and inside cabin and now see for the price we paid I could have had an outside balcony room. Is it worth calling RCCL to try for an upgrade?

I am sailing this December and a Jr Suite is now the same price I paided for a Balcony. I called my TA and RCCL upgraded me to a Jr. Suite. :)

Same here. I must have hit the sweet spot in price drops because it has gone much higher since then.