Checking for guarantee assignment

muladybug

My sister booked a guarantee cabin, sailing in a few weeks. Where would I check if a cabin has been assigned for her yet? I've done a search on this board for the answer and all I read is 'check Royal's website'. She does not have a login with them. Would the 'On-line Check-in' show an update on her guarantee status or is there an easier way?

Thanks all for the help. I think my big questions is whether the online check-in was updated when the cabin assignment was issued, or not.

The tags are available to print, but they are 'guarantee' tags, where you would fill in your deck and cabin # once assigned.

Call RCI.

I was trying to avoid calling them if there was another way. lol. But I may have to.

Create an account, claim ownership of the reservation and check on line.

I think that's a good idea.

The main page of the Countdown to Cruise has the cabin assignment on it, if it exists. So does the first page of the Online Checkin page. Luggage tags (which are part of the cruise documents) for guaranteed bookings often don't get updated unless you call and have them reissued. The documents are PDF files that are generated off-line.

If you are seeing the luggage tag print button you did succeed in logging in to her booking and with only a few weeks to go she must have filled out the online info and printed her Set Sail Pass (which might also say Guarantee). It really doesn't matter if documents are updated since porters have the passenger list but it is easier.

Thank you for the info, LeeW.

With her blessing, I did create an account for my sister, for me to monitor for a cabin assignment. While I was there, since she is a Diamond Plus, I went ahead and filled out her gift preferences, so she's getting a complimentary bottle of wine for my effort. lol.

I also called RCL and was informed that she would probably not get her room assignment until she was at check-in. I'll still keep checking anyway.

Thank you for the info, LeeW.

With her blessing, I did create an account for my sister, for me to monitor for a cabin assignment. While I was there, since she is a Diamond Plus, I went ahead and filled out her gift preferences, so she's getting a complimentary bottle of wine for my effort. lol.

I also called RCL and was informed that she would probably not get her room assignment until she was at check-in. I'll still keep checking anyway.

Your sister us D+ and has never had an account?