Vaccinations

Kerri-Maree

These countries do not require a yellow fever vaccination unless you were coming from a country that has a high risk of yellow fever.

http://www.who.int/ith/ITH_country_list.pdf

Countries with a high risk of Yellow Fever are shown below.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/yellowbook/2018/infectious-diseases-related-to-travel/yellow-fever

I am not on this cruise. I have sailed this itinerary four times mainly as part of World Cruises. Those joining this segment of the WC were not required to have the Yellow Fever Vaccination.

I thought you said the GP knew very little.

If I had any doubts on if this was required I would simply say I don't no.

Keith

hi Keith yes actually I saw a gp whom had no idea, I asked when with my daughter.

The second also no idea.

Thank you so very much, for all your help, I just became concerned earlier as the information was from 2013. However your information as shown is up too date.

I am hoping for a world cruise in 2019.

Thank you so very much kindest regards. Kerri-Maree

Nothing is required for those port stops. However I would recommend a flu vaccination for any cruise and, if you're like me and have a tendency to get respiratory illnesses, a pneumonia vaccination as well. Haved a great cruise. :D

Nothing is required for those port stops. However I would recommend a flu vaccination for any cruise and, if you're like me and have a tendency to get respiratory illnesses, a pneumonia vaccination as well. Haved a great cruise. :D

I just wanted to note that the Pneumonia Vaccination is based on age. It is for people over 65. Only exception is if you have gotten it they give a different kind of one to you but then at 65 you should get the standard one.

Keith

I just wanted to note that the Pneumonia Vaccination is based on age. It is for people over 65. Only exception is if you have gotten it they give a different kind of one to you but then at 65 you should get the standard one.

Keith

In addition to people over 65, children also ought to be vaccinated against pneumonia. Terms like "standard" and "a different one" are very confusing and misleading. There are two vaccines out there, PPSV 23 and PCV 13 . . . "13" being the newer and more effective. It is given to people who previously given "23."

I know it is different for people in the US due to finance but if a certain country has a widespread problem with a certain disease you should be vaccinated for it if its available. This is aside from any border worries.

70% of vaccines needed for travel are free over here (I have paid for yellow fever only so far) but I would still look into things if ti weren't.

However I am sailing out of Singapore in the summer after a small stop in Malaysia before I board (not stopping in Vietnam and Thailand though) and the UK travel site recommends:

Boosters up to date: Measles,Mumps,Rubella,Diphtheria, Tetanus, pertussis,Polio

Most travellers:Typhoid, Hepatitis A

Consider (dependant on individual) : Hepatitis B, Japanese Encephalitus, Rabies, Cholera

Other considerations: Malaria (as tablets) Dengue fever (consider mosquito precautions), Zika (pregnancy)