I Belize in MAGIC! MITSUGIRLY revisits the Western Route. My Novel.

mitsugirly

Havest Caye IS Belize. ;) That is their Belize stop. Not "both" Harvest Caye AND Belize. Just wanted to clear that up for you if you thought they are 2 different stops. :)

The one we have booked shockingly has it as two separate stops, Harvest Caye, which is part of Belize and then going to Belize City.

57320b404c1facd8713b673ec5cda461.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The one we have booked shockingly has it as two separate stops, Harvest Caye, which is part of Belize and then going to Belize City.

57320b404c1facd8713b673ec5cda461.jpg

Oh wow. That's really cool then!

Does it show it being there 2 different days on the itinerary? It doesn't mention it as 2 places in the description and just shows it on the map. Just wondering. That would be pretty cool then!

I see what you are saying now. (I looked it up). That's awesome. It is 2 different days!! I might have to check this out and see if it lines up with the days we're on spring break next year.

***annnnndddd...it don't. boo****

Oh wow. That's really cool then!

Does it show it being there 2 different days on the itinerary? It doesn't mention it as 2 places in the description and just shows it on the map. Just wondering. That would be pretty cool then!

It does, with pretty good amounts of time in each. If you were going back to Belize City, would you most likely return to Rendezvous? My kids and I love to snorkel but my hub and mom do not swim so the idea of a nice beach for them to hang out on is great. I really want the amazing Belize snorkeling experience but not willing to take a puddlejumper plane to Ambergris to do it!

Here’s the actual itinerary, sailing date is March 10.

e4c1c28e567e8811ba2142e112fb2f50.jpg

If you were going back to Belize City, would you most likely return to Rendezvous?

I would highly recommend it for anyone who hasn't went that wants a great snorkeling experience. It has been the best place in Belize that I have been to so far for snorkeling.

If you have read any of my other reviews, I have always mentioned that I like to do something new each time if possible. So, if I couldn't find anything new to do, I probably would come back here. But, it would all depend on my research at the time.

I would highly recommend it for anyone who hasn't went that wants a great snorkeling experience. It has been the best place in Belize that I have been to so far for snorkeling.

If you have read any of my other reviews, I have always mentioned that I like to do something new each time if possible. So, if I couldn't find anything new to do, I probably would come back here. But, it would all depend on my research at the time.

Glad to hear it would be a place you’d repeat. I’ve read tons of your reviews and love them! Just figured out that in order to click the direct links it can only be done via the site and doesn’t work on the app.

The last few days I’ve been checking out your opinions about Costa Maya, which is probably the only Western port we haven’t done. It’s the shortest port day, 7a-130p :( and the only place that so far has caught my eye is Blue Kay as too we love snorkeling and it sounds like it’s one of the few options with the pretty blue waters. Just not sure if it’s worth our time for just a few short hours or if we just hang around the actual port area.

• 2 weeks later...
Glad to hear it would be a place you’d repeat. I’ve read tons of your reviews and love them! Just figured out that in order to click the direct links it can only be done via the site and doesn’t work on the app.

The last few days I’ve been checking out your opinions about Costa Maya, which is probably the only Western port we haven’t done. It’s the shortest port day, 7a-130p :( and the only place that so far has caught my eye is Blue Kay as too we love snorkeling and it sounds like it’s one of the few options with the pretty blue waters. Just not sure if it’s worth our time for just a few short hours or if we just hang around the actual port area.

Just know that it's the perfect option for a short port day like this. We have went to the malecon on a Carnival cruise (which only seems to do short days here in Costa Maya) and I personally think it's worth it just to get off the ship and have a new experience.

Blue Kay is the closest to the port and takes about 5-7 minutes to get there so you will be able to make the most of your time in CM even though it's very limited. I say go for it and have a great time. :D

• 1 month later...

I am looking at this same excursion on our Magic trip in September. However, we have a 3 year old in our group like you did. I think you mentioned even though we can't book our youngest for the excursion due to snorkeling, we CAN get a free ticket for her on-board so we can do this excursion?

Kim,

I wanted to ask about your mermaid. About what age did she start with the tail? Turns out I've got a grandkid that's part fish and was thinking about getting a tail and a snorkel mask for her birthday. Any recommendations? She'll be five.

I am looking at this same excursion on our Magic trip in September. However, we have a 3 year old in our group like you did. I think you mentioned even though we can't book our youngest for the excursion due to snorkeling, we CAN get a free ticket for her on-board so we can do this excursion?

Yep, absolutely. :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Yep, absolutely. :D

Thanks for your help on this excursion! We went ahead and booked our group.

I did have another question, though. How many ships (Carnival specifically I think) were in Port with you that day? I am worried about crowding (as I have read a few reviews). It's just the Magic and Vista in port the day we are there.

Thanks in advance!!!

Thanks for your help on this excursion! We went ahead and booked our group.

I did have another question, though. How many ships (Carnival specifically I think) were in Port with you that day? I am worried about crowding (as I have read a few reviews). It's just the Magic and Vista in port the day we are there.

Thanks in advance!!!

Sorry, I honestly can't remember back that far how many were in port with us. :confused:

• 4 months later...

@mitsugirly - sorry to bring up an old thread but your reviews are incredibly helpful, wow! Thanks for taking the time.

I'm torn between Blue Kay and Almaplena for my first time in Costa Maya and I'm wondering if you would still give the nod to Blue Kay given the changes since your first visit (less lush, the roped off chairs, etc).

Another consideration is there are three massive ships in port when I'm there (Symphony, NCL Escape and MSC Seaside) so I'm a little concerned that Blue Kay and that area in general might be really crowded. Appreciate any insight!!

5 minutes ago, aoconnor said:

@mitsugirly - sorry to bring up an old thread but your reviews are incredibly helpful, wow! Thanks for taking the time.

I'm torn between Blue Kay and Almaplena for my first time in Costa Maya and I'm wondering if you would still give the nod to Blue Kay given the changes since your first visit (less lush, the roped off chairs, etc).

Another consideration is there are three massive ships in port when I'm there (Symphony, NCL Escape and MSC Seaside) so I'm a little concerned that Blue Kay and that area in general might be really crowded. Appreciate any insight!!

Yes, I would still recommend Blue Kay, even with the changes and uncertainty with what they charge now (which is still a good deal considering you get it back basically with drinks).

For the most part, people still don't know much about Blue Kay unless they have booked one of the "beach excursions" that take you there (which are the chairs up front on one side). But the beach is huge and goes around the bend and the chairs aren't all the way down there for the other place that brings people there. It's still beautiful and decent snorkeling with great service. 

Almaplena is beautiful too and although I haven't been there in years, I've seen pictures and the only changes I have seen is the palm trees are bigger and it's still very secluded and beautiful.

How long are you in port for? If you are one of the 7-2pm, then Blue Kay. If there longer, try out Almaplena. 🙂

10 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

Yes, I would still recommend Blue Kay, even with the changes and uncertainty with what they charge now (which is still a good deal considering you get it back basically with drinks).

For the most part, people still don't know much about Blue Kay unless they have booked one of the "beach excursions" that take you there (which are the chairs up front on one side). But the beach is huge and goes around the bend and the chairs aren't all the way down there for the other place that brings people there. It's still beautiful and decent snorkeling with great service. 

Almaplena is beautiful too and although I haven't been there in years, I've seen pictures and the only changes I have seen is the palm trees are bigger and it's still very secluded and beautiful.

How long are you in port for? If you are one of the 7-2pm, then Blue Kay. If there longer, try out Almaplena. 🙂

Thanks! Good to hear that Blue Kay is relatively less crowded. We are in port from 8am to 6pm so we would have plenty of time to venture to Almaplena.

I'll have to sleep on it - too hard to choose 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mitsugirly!

I have recently discovered your reviews and am loving them. I love the reviews with tons of pics. Sorry as I'm sure you have talked about this in other reviews or posts but do you primarily cruise with Carnival now or do you still sail with NCL? How often do you typically cruise and do you have any cruises booked currently? (wondering what the next review may be 😀)

I noticed in one review you mention being a nurse and working 3-4 hours per day. I too am an RN. Do you work home health?

Thank you, Have a good day!

11 hours ago, anesthetist2be said:

Hi Mitsugirly!

I have recently discovered your reviews and am loving them. I love the reviews with tons of pics. Sorry as I'm sure you have talked about this in other reviews or posts but do you primarily cruise with Carnival now or do you still sail with NCL? How often do you typically cruise and do you have any cruises booked currently? (wondering what the next review may be 😀)

I noticed in one review you mention being a nurse and working 3-4 hours per day. I too am an RN. Do you work home health?

Thank you, Have a good day!

Hi and thanks for the comments. Glad you have discovered and enjoying the reviews. 

I wouldn't say I primarily cruise with any at the moment. It just happens that Carnival has had what I'm looking for as far as port itineraries, ships I haven't been on and pricing I'm looking along with timing. The problem with NCL (for us) is that we like to cruise the Caribbean and NCL pulls most of their ships out during certain times of the year (summer) and the other problem is that I've cruised most of the fleet (excluding a few of the newer ships) and I don't like to sail on the same ship again if I don't have to. So, I struggle with trying to find a "new" ship I haven't been on that works with the time frame I have to vacation and the ports I want to go with. 

Actually my cruise before this one was with Royal Caribbean. So, I have a mixture of the 3 I cruise with. 

We usually vacation or cruise 3x a year. However, the last 2 years we have discovered a love for Aruba and have been doing a few weeks in the summer on a land vacation there now. So, that has taken away from the cruising during the summer months.

I don't have anything booked at the moment, but will be cruising for Spring Break in April. I just have to find that perfect cruise still. hehe

Yes, I'm a home health nurse at the moment. I did 30+ years in the hospital (not as a nurse) and the last 4 were in the ER/trauma. I absolutely loved the fast paced ER but decided it was time to refocus on my goals and slow things down. My love for cruising factors into it as well (I can vacation at any time I want with a 2 weeks notice and have as many vacations as I want as well with HH). Also, I went back to school for my BSN and that takes up a lot of my time and I just didn't want to spend 12 hour days standing on my feet when I can do anywhere from 2-4 hours daily and have more time for schooling and we own(ed) 2 businesses. Life is hectic for us at the moment to say the least. I love having the same patients daily and they are like family to me. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Ahoy Kim!!

Loved our voyage on the Magic!!! 

Your pictures are amazing! You know me and my water thingy, well I almost had an anxiety attack looking at the underwater ones!!! They are phenomenal!!

Now not being happy about debarking this ship but estatic about boarding the Horizon I bit you goodnight!!  Need to get some rest before I board tomorrow :-):-):-)

Hugs 

Nicki

On 10/20/2020 at 8:27 PM, princess76021 said:

Ahoy Kim!!

Loved our voyage on the Magic!!! 

Your pictures are amazing! You know me and my water thingy, well I almost had an anxiety attack looking at the underwater ones!!! They are phenomenal!!

Now not being happy about debarking this ship but estatic about boarding the Horizon I bit you goodnight!!  Need to get some rest before I board tomorrow :-):-):-)

Hugs 

Nicki

LOL, don't have an anxiety attack...it's all good. Thanks for the comments and glad you enjoyed the review! 🙂

• Like 1

On 10/27/2020 at 12:56 PM, CoasterGuy said:

Another bumped Mitsu review. 😊   I'm booked on the Magic in April '21. (Covid 19 willing...) so it was nice to look at your pics of the Magic again.

Fingers crossed you get to take your Magic(al) trip. 🙂 

• Like 1